Come back...be here

It was a beautiful day, November flush all over the city of love, Paris. Taylor's life had been like a black and white movie. The only thing that could bring back the bright colours in the painting of her life was being with Joe. She had been continuing to live with that hope for almost 40 days. 

She had just published her new book, 'Wonderland'.  Though she was happy about it, because it was a huge hit, she still missed the feeling of not being busy. Not having to work or being stressed about the deadlines, she missed it. 

She was sitting in the taxi, returning home after her appointment with the therapist she'd been seeing. She was going to her for a month and she could actually observe a minute change. She was happier in her life than she was three months ago. 

Looking at the vintage and artsy streets of the city from her window, her phone rang. It caught her off from the beautiful scenery in front of her and she picked the call. With an eager smile on her face, she put it on her ear. 

"Hey" She spoke. 

"Hello. How are you?" The voice came from the other side of the call. 

"Seriously Joe, you're calling me for the seventh time today" She chuckled at how silly he could be. 

"I am aware of that. Okay...so how was your appointment?" He changed his question. 

"It was great. They said I was getting better. And I'm glad about that" She answered, rolling down the car window a bit. 

"Good to hear it. I-I needed to te-tell you something" He said hesitantly. 

"What? Is everything alright?" She asked worriedly, imagining the worst. 

"Yes" He took a deep breath, and finally spoke, "I miss you" 

Hearing these words come out from his mouth, she felt as if a ball dropped in her stomach. She couldn't believe it. Over these days, he had said multiple things about how benji missed her, or how her brothers missed her, he even said that London missed her. But he never ever spoke that he himself missed her. 

She got used about this fact and just lived with it. They face timed and talked regularly. That was enough for her, until now. She was aware how difficult it is to say something like that for her. She was proud of him for digging his feelings up for her. 

"W-What? say it again, Say it again!!!" She cheered with joy. 

He grinned and repeated, "I miss you so much" 

The feeling of hearing that, it felt unreal. She knew she had to speak it too. She just knew, "I am also missing spending time with you. I-I miss you too"

They were speechless for some moments. Just trying to live this small moment between them that just developed their relationship a bit. 

"So, how are the interviews going on?" He asked her about her new book release.

She glanced out of the window and sighed, "They're going fine"

He hesitantly asked, "any chance you'll have an interview here in London?"

She thought for a moment and then spoke, "I don't know. I'll just ask Tree about it and let you know"

"Okay. Listen? I gotta go, the break is over" He said, preparing to leave his trailor.

She didn't wanna hang up. She just wanted to hear his voice. But it wasn't something she could control. "Okay. Talk soon" She said sadly and hung up.

She was feeling lonely more than ever. She felt fine until he called. Her apartment wasn't far now and she just couldn't wait to get home.