Chapter 27 (1)

"Have you already had your breakfast?"

Lisa shakes her head as she watched Jungkook arrange the grocery items that he brought.

Her mind is still having chaos inside her head. She wanted to talk but she's still too stunned to do so.

She wanted to ask him millions of questions but she doesn't know where to start.

She badly wanted to hug him, to kiss him, and tell him that she loves him but she already doesn't have the right to do so.

"Of course, you still haven't. You don't even have a single food in your fridge. How will you survive in that case?"

That's why I need you...

Lisa didn't speak as Jungkook looks like he's already preparing something.

"I-I'll help y-you cook. If you d-don't mind..."

She bit her lower lip in anticipation and was a bit embarrassed from her stuttering.

Goddamn it.

"Cut the onions, if you insist."

Jungkook didn't even spare her a look, but she nod her head eagerly before grabbing a knife and a chopping board.

Her hands started to tremble when she felt Jungkook stare at her while she's chopping the freaking onions which is now the cause of her tears.

"If you're just gonna cry again, stop it. I already need the onions."

Lisa jumped a little after hearing his voice. She immediately turns her focus on the onions, cutting them frantically with her hand trembling and her tears flowing.

She's doesn't know that cutting onions can be this nerve-wracking.

"Be careful! Shit, leave that to me!"

She almost cut her finger!

Jungkook took the knife from her hand and continue to cut the onions while she stood behind him, silent.

"I'm sorry..."

"Don't be."

Lisa felt so little. How did the situation turn like this?! So awkward, so embarrassing, so--

Painful.

Jungkook can't even look at her properly. She felt like he's just doing what he's doing now out of pity.

She doesn't have food in her place. She doesn't know how to cook. Yeah, how will she survive?

From take-outs and deliveries?

Lisa cleared her throat before stepping back.

"I-I'll just feed the babies--I mean, m-my pets."

Lisa quickly left the kitchen.

Jungkook kept his stern face until he can't already hear her footsteps. After a second, he finally let out his wide smile that he has been keeping for a while.

Like suddenly barks at him, so he pets the dog's head who is wagging his tail excitedly at him.

"Hey, doggo. Are you taking care of mom very well? Hmm?"

The dog bark, making him smile more.

"She's still dumb, no?"

Like bark again in agreement.

He's still playing with the dog when he heard upcoming footsteps again.

He stood up properly, holding the spatula as he checks the rice.

Jungkook looks at his back, his eyes meeting her doe eyes, which are puffy and red from her crying a while ago.

"Uhm, I'll j-just feed L-love."

"Hmm."

He nodded his head, Lisa smiled slightly at him before avoiding his eyes, seemingly so awkward.

Why does she keep on stuttering though?

The kimchi fried rice didn't take so long to be cooked. The table is already set, there's also a bacon and fried egg.

He took two mugs on her cupboard, making a hot chocolate for her and a coffee for him.

Her kitchen was still arranged just like the old times. He still memorizes where is where, and which is which.

Minutes have passed but he can't still see Lisa in the dining. What is that girl doing?

Jungkook sips on his coffee before finally checking on her in the living room.

But the place is empty. He proceeds to her bedroom. The door is slightly open. He can see her sitting on the bed, her phone is right beside her ear as she speaks.

"Okay, bye. I love you...yeah."

Who is she talking to?

Jungkook took a deep breath as he felt a fire burning his heart. He knocks on the door. Lisa who is still on her phone looks at the door, startled.

"The food is ready."

His voice is again cold, making Lisa's smile drop. She nods her head before following Jungkook at the dining.

The two started to eat silently. No one dared to break the silence and the awkward atmosphere also summed up, making Lisa uncomfortable.

She's occasionally peeping at the quiet Jungkook who did not even glance anywhere except the food in front of him.

The only source of sound is their chopsticks and plates clicking and the sound of their drinks when they are sipping.

This can pass as an ASMR compilation.

The whole meal continued to be like that until they both finished and Lisa volunteered to wash the dishes.

"I'll be leaving, Lisa."

Lisa jolted upon hearing Jungkook speak her name. She nodded at the guy, having a battle on her mind whether to walk him out or not.

"Goodbye, then."

Jungkook nodded as a response before fleeing out of the room. Lisa sighed in defeat before finishing the dishes.

She even forgot to show him her gratitude. In general, he brought her home along with her fur babies, then he cooked her a meal and he also restocked her fridge and cabinets with foods. He also cleans her place!

Lisa pouted, contemplating sending him a text, but she remember that the guy would probably just ignore her. Just like what happened to her previous messages.

She's certain that Jungkook even blocked her. Her heart felt so heavy again.

She distracted herself through binge-watching on Netflix until night. She skipped her lunch by munching chips.

She's now watching a freaking horror movie, the female lead is alone at her very dark house, and her place being dark and also her being alone didn't help at all.

Until her doorbell rang, which made her scream at the top of her lungs. She took the remote to switch the lights on.

"Oh my god."

She muttered in relief, before running on the intercom to see who freaking scared the shit out of her.

"J-jungkook?"

She quickly opens the door. The guy has something in his hands.

Jungkook cleared his throat before speaking.

"Have you already had dinner?"

Lisa's heart skipped a beat, shaking her head after. Jungkook smiled.

The plan must go on.