Chapter 28 (2)

Lisa felt the warm rays of sunlight hitting her entire being. She forces her eyes to open up for another day.

Upon stretching her body, a strong and veiny arm made its way on her waist before she felt butterfly kisses from her wrist and going up until her elbows.

"Good morning, babe."

Jungkook uttered as he continued showering her arms with pecks until his lips reaches her shoulder blades.

The act tickled her a little, causing her to let out small giggles.

"Morning."

She turned her body to her left to face her boyfriend who is smiling widely at her.

She smiled back, bringing her fingers to stroke his cheek which has a stain of dry tears. She badly wanted to ask him why did he suddenly break down last night but she didn't want to trigger him about it.

And Jungkook who is gawking intensely at Lisa seems to read what's on her mind.

He heaved a sigh before placing his hand on Lisa's which is still caressing his cheeks.

"I have to confess something."

Lisa looked directly at his eyes before nodding her head, signaling him to proceed with what he was about to say...

To confess.

Jungkook smiled lightly as he kissed the back of her palms which are holding her cheek before finally speaking.

"I know you would be hella mad if I told you this, but I wanted to be honest to you. Please trust me."

Jungkook bit his lip in anxiety as he squeezed Lisa's hand which he is already holding for a while now.

Lisa can feel his palms getting cold and sweaty but she didn't mind it that much. She can already feel that he's nervous.

Is his confession a big thing?

"I trust you, Jungkook."

She smiled in assurance making Jungkook's face crept a soft smile too.

"I originally wanted to take a r-revenge on you..."

The mere sentence made her stomach churn up as her smile drastically drop.

Revenge? Why?

"Doll, please don't misunderstand my intentions to you now. I love you. It's just that...the time when we parted ways when I knew that you don't really love me, I felt used. And just like what Jimin Hyung said, my pride is hurt and me being Jeon Jungkook can't accept that. You know? The universe is always in favor of me. The world is revolving around me. At least that's what I thought. How selfish."

He snickered but that can't hide the fact that his eyes were brimming with tears again.

Lisa who is listening to her didn't react with words, which made Jungkook's heart beat erratically.

"I-I don't know what to say."

Lisa sighed, removing his hold on her hands. Jungkook's eyes widened before shaking his head desperately, the tears were already streaming down from his eyes.

"No, no, no! Lisa, baby listen to me first, please? C'mon..."

He quickly push himself on her, immediately wrapping both of his arms around her body as he cried on her chest.

Lisa's body went frozen upon seeing his desperate pleadings. She badly not wanted to let her guards down easily, but Jungkook...

"Please don't leave me...I love you so much. I can't believe that I'm about to say this but I don't think I can still continue my life without you. Please, Lisa. I don't want to hurt you anymore. I-I already left that stupid plan of mine. I just w-wanted us to start over. I wanted to be with you for a lifetime. Please forgive me..."

Lisa finally made her gaze at him with a moist of tears in her eyes. There are millions and thousands of thoughts and possibilities whirling inside her mind.

But only one thought dominates her brain.

What if this is also part of his plans?

"I k-know I don't deserve a chance, but if you'll let me, I wanted to make things right. I love you so much, please, just this once. I w-will do anything and everything for you to trust me again. I...I can't live without you, Lisa."

Jungkook continued to sob, his shoulders are already trembling as she desperately holds Lisa. He felt like she will disappear if he was not holding her again.

"I-I will change! I will be mature. I will listen to you. I will be a better boyfriend for you. I won't let my pride make me a jerk again. I will do anything you want. Just please, Lisa..."

Lisa stared at him for a while. He felt like there was a ticking bomb inside the room. Every second that has passed is nerve-wracking. He felt like she will explode anytime soon.

She will slap him, blame him for being a jerk, hurt him, leave him.

But no.

His Lisa is not like that. She is kind, sweet, compassionate, soft-hearted, gentle, selfless, loving...she's an angel from the past, for goodness sake! He clearly doesn't deserve such a girl.

He's an idiot, jerk, selfish, bastard, asshole. Call him whatever you want.

But why is he still holding in a thin line of the thread? Why is he still--

"Please what, Jungkook?"

Yeah, Jeon Jungkook? Please what? You have such a thick face and the audacity of asking her things when all you do is hurt her.

What now?

"Don't..."

"don't leave me..."

A moment of silence...

Lisa remained silent which made Jungkook go crazy. She doesn't want him anymore, he knows. She doesn't want his toxicity anymore, he knows. She won't give him another chance, like in the past, h-he knows...After everything that he did, he clearly doesn't deserve anything that he's wishing in her. Why did he even try?

Trust? Chance? Especially Lisa?

Ha!

The joke is on him!

He's hopeless. He feels so hopeless right now. Or maybe not just now, also for the upcoming days...weeks...months...years...

Can he even survive without her? Without thinking about her?

Lisa is almost his lifeline. His air that he needs to breathe to live. His hoodie when he is--

Why did he realize this just now?

"Who said I'm leaving you??"

(A/n: I happened to have some free time right now, so here is a short update. And oh, I think I saw a comment saying that I would abandon this book? I think the comment is already deleted by him or her? But it notifies me on my e-mail. I won't say his/her name anymore, but for reassurance, dear I won't leave this book.

This is my first ever book after trying to not be a coward for publishing my rotting drafts so I won't leave this ever. Since I started this, I should end this with a satisfying ending.

Just leaving you hanging is already making me sleepless. I don't want to develop insomnia, so no. This book will have a good or maybe not really good ending.

Kidding!

Just hold on for a little while, it's already so near!! Also!!! We're almost 40k reads! I really can't believe this... Like how??? WHY???

That's all...Thank you so much, I love y'all♡)