;Selenophile💙

Okay,
So this short was based on the fact that, Selenophile is a "cute" little disorder thing,
it's basically someone who loves the moon and I love the moon and I was thinking about how the moon is a mysterious thing, I can't be the only one who feels that there is something magical about it? I used to think that if I were to talk to the moon my soulmate would hear me.

Silly thing, I know. Yes, I believe in soulmates, though not in the "they're fated" type of way, in the "once you know who your soulmate is, you'll feel at home" type of way. I'm rambling, sorry...

Anyway,
Let's get it~!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Selenophile; Noun;

Meaning; Someone who loves the moon.

Jungkook was a selenophile, he would watch the night sky from a very young age. He would talk, sing or even just watch the moon from his backyard as he grew. From a very young age Jungkook was fascinated with the moon, soon it became his friend. Jungkook would watch the moon from when he finished his dinner to when he would go to bed. Day in and day out, every night without fail he would watch the moon with wonder.

One night in the summer Jungkook lay on the grass in his backyard and looked up at the moon for the millionth or so time, he had lost count at this point. His parents were out having a night to themselves, so he just lay and enjoyed the glow of the moon. Jungkook was thankful that it was a little cooler on that summer night, the grass was nice and cool against the skin on his arms. He closed his eyes for a single second and took a deep breath in, the cool air filling his lungs but as he let it out he heard a voice in his head.

Jungkook shot his eyes open, he looked around just in case anyone was home or even around, but he saw nothing. He heard it again but it was his own name in his head. He sat there confused for a second, his eyebrows furrowed and then he looked back to the moon as he heard the voice say.

"My child, you have watched me every night since you could walk, I know only that you are a kind soul, someone who enjoys the night, so I dispose upon you a gift" the voice sounded like it was a mix of male and female voices in one, it was a soft mix, easy on the ears. The voice continued  "a gift that can make it so you can heal anyone, mentally, physically, emotionally and even spiritually, but there is a catch my dear child.."

Jungkook watched wide eyed as a soft beacon of blue light shone upon him.

"When you heal others, you gain their pain as if it was your own, but you cannot heal yourself, there is no other way because it is the balance of the universe" the voice had stopped and Jungkook was left alone again in the dark. Only this time he had a mark on his forearm, medium sized, it was an odd shape to him, it was a beautiful blue metallic colour and sparkled under the moonlight.

From then on, Jungkook could heal those who he chose but tried to keep it to close friends. But people would walk up to him and ask for help or advice and it started to drain him. His friends told him to stop because it was getting out of hand. He did for a few years, but they forgot around their third year at university. They were arguing about the younger's love for a particular horror game that just came out with a new free roam style, unlike the previous first person stuck in an office type game.

"Come one guys, I don't want to go to the movies alone!" Jimin pouted.

"Jimin hyung, let Koo play his game, I'm going to be doing the same anyway" Taehyung piped up as he finished typing on his laptop.

"You two are no fun, seriously why don't you two just get married to the game, huh?" Jimin scoffed, making the two youngest laugh at his antics.

"Chim, if you wanted to see a movie that badly then why didn't you tell me?" Yoongi asked as he sat down with the others, wrapping his arm around the pink haired male.