;The Crimson Wine That Stains His Life Prt 2;

It had been two years since Jeongguk had been banished by his previous pack and welcomed into Taehyung's pack. The omega had been staying with the alpha in his home and they both enjoyed the company; but soon the omegas birthday was coming up and the omega had hopes. Hopes he knew he shouldn't have, but he had them anyway. Jeongguk thought about how the alpha hadn't found his mate yet, how the alpha had been looking after him, always asking before hugging and doing any actions that involved kissing his forehead or cheek.

The omega found it comforting; though he had gotten used to the actions over the past two years. He always found it lovely. A complete 180 of how his life was two years prior. But he didn't want it to end, he didn't want anyone else to be his mate other than Taehyung. The alpha was the only one he trusted enough to even let him be close enough or even beyond his mental walls to talk about personal manners. He prayed to the moon goddess that Taehyung was his mate. He had not seen the alpha with another in the two years he was there; so surely there was a chance.

Though wouldn't the alpha have said. Jeongguk remembered that Taehyung had said that he hadn't met his mate yet either, but that had been two years before. So possibly during that time the alpha could've found his mate. And that made the omega doubt himself. He had thoughts that the alpha might be his mate in waiting, but wouldn't have Taehyung done something by now? That question worsened his doubts more. It was always during the night where these thoughts came into his mind. He was using the spare room Taehyung offered so the alpha didn't see or even hear when the omega cried. Oh how badly he wanted the alpha to be his mate. He begged the moon goddess nightly. Though soon stopped when he noticed the alpha leaving the house early and coming back late.

So he decided to wait till his birthday to see if his doubts were right.

"So, Ggukie, it's your birthday today!" An omega male, by the name of Jimin, Jeongguk had become friends with during his first couple of months in the Purple Rose pack. "Aren't you excited?"

"Kinda.." Jeongguk muttered out. The two had been hanging out just on the edge of the forest near the village just enjoying the smell of pine and the fresh snowfall, it was quite late in the evening and closer to around eleven. 

"What's wrong?" The other omega asked as he was sitting by a tree.

"Promise not to say anything to Taehyung-hyung?" Jeongguk asked.

"What is it?"

"Just promise," Jeongguk urged. "Please"

"Alright, I promise" Jimin put his hands up defensively.

"I really want Taehyung-hyung to be my mate," Jeongguk admitted. "..you know how he's said he hasn't met his yet either"

"Ggukie-"

"I know, I know the moon goddess doesn't let us choose…." Jeongguk sighed. "...I know.. he's probably found his already though"

"Why do you say that?" Jimin questioned.

"He's been leaving early and coming back late…" Jeongguk shrugged. "...I've given up praying to the moon goddess about it"

Jimin didn't reply. He looked at the other omega keeping his jaw set and clenched keeping back what he wanted to say. "...so are you just going to take whoever you get?"

"I'll have to, as much as I wanted Taehyung-hyung…I'll have to obey the moon goddess" The younger omega replied.

"Well, come on, we need to head back" Jimin stood up.

"Now..?" Jeongguk wondered as he stood up after Jimin.

"Yes, remember your birthday celebration Taehyung was setting up? We always do a big event to help find our mates!" Jimin smiled as he made his way back out of the edge of the forest and back to the village.