🐰My Gentle Hybrid🧸

Soft, cute, gentle story of bunny hybrid Jungkook and his boyfriend Taehyung!
If it's shorter than normal, it's meant to be because it can be. Okay? Okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Staying at home was something Taehyung always loved to do. Why? Because he got to cuddle his baby bunny hybrid close whenever and wherever he wanted to. But on this particular evening, that being New Years eve, Taehyung had taken the holiday off from work because his sweet bunny hated the sound of loud noises. It hurt his sensitive ears. So what Taehyung does is he plays comforting videos for the younger and hold him close whilst they wear comfortable clothing.

He always puts his baby first. If he could, he would put Jeongguk first before his job, but he couldn't all the time. Sure Taehyung would bring Jeongguk to his job as he was CEO but he didn't want to bore his bunny too much because of mundane tasks he had to do.

"Bun, sweetheart" Taehyung called out as he walked around their shared penthouse that was close to the heart of the city where the majority of the fireworks would go off. "Where are you my love?"

Taehyung walked through the halls and listened for any movement from the younger male whether he was in his bunny form or not. Taehyung walked into their bedroom and heard sniffing from their walk-in closet and he noticed it was slightly ajar. Walking forward and opening it slowly, he looked down and saw his sweet bunny, sitting with his knees to his chest, curled up tight trying to be hidden away from the world with his white ears that were coming from his disheveled hair, probably messy from his movements; laying over his knees as his face was hidden behind his knees that were covered with gray sweatpants. His forehead was against his arms that were covered by his sweater that engulfed his body with how big it was and its colour was cream.

"Awh, bun" Taehyung coo'd softly as he sat down on his knees in front of the hybrid. "What's wrong? Is the thought of the fireworks scaring you already?"

He saw how the bunny hybrid nodded and gripped at his sweaterpaws; it made his heart ache in his chest. "Bun, we've gone through it before and we can do it again, okay? Now come here, Hyungie will give you some cuddles okay?"

Taehyung opened his arms for the hybrid to move into. He watched as Jeongguk slowly looked up at him, tears dripping down his face and delicately landing on his skin from his lashes as he blinked them away. He looked so scared, so lost like when Taehyung had found him years ago, alone in the corner of the adoption center. It wasn't a nice place for the bunny as their activities were more so for dog and louder hybrid's; so louder sounds scared the poor bunny.

Jeongguk slowly came out of his curled up state and crawled his way into Taehyung's arms, wrapping his own around Taehyung's neck and nuzzling his face into the older's shoulder, his ears falling over the olders shoulder as he felt Taehyung's arms wrapped around his waist and rub up and down his back.

"There, there my sweet bun" Taehyung started to rock them back and forth. "It's okay, you're okay, settle petal" He whispered into the hybrid's ear.

"Can.. Can we stay in our bedroom this year?" Jeongguk asked softly. "I want to stay in bed this time" He nuzzled into the older man's neck.

"Sure petal, sure" Taehyung nodded as he lifted the hybrid up as he stood and moved his hands to rest under the younger's butt past his little fluffy white tail. "Do you want any comfort snacks? Drink?" He asked as he brought the younger to their king-sized bed.

"Yes please.." Jeongguk nodded. "Banana milk and…chocolate chips cookies please"

"Of course bun" Taehyung placed a small kiss on Jeongguk's cheek as he placed him on their bed. "Put the TV on to what you want to watch and I'll be back okay?" He wiped a few stray tears away from the bunnies cheeks.

"Okay" Jeongguk nodded. "Thank you hyungie"

"You don't need to say thank you, you deserve this" He placed a kiss upon Jeongguk's forehead. "I'll be back soon" Taehyung smiled before he stepped away and back down the hall to their kitchen.

Jeongguk picked up the TV remote and turned it on. He went to log into Disney plus to watch his comfort movie of Zootopia. It didn't take too long for the older one to come back holding a cup full of banana milk in one hand and a plate full of cookies in the other. Taehyung walked around to place the drink and plate on the bedside table on the bunnies side.

"Zootopia? Cute," Taehyung smiled as he walked to his side and lay down right next to Jeongguk, making sure that the bunny hybrid was able to lay against him and snuggle close.

"How long till the fireworks start?" Jeongguk asked as he moved to lay against the other's chest, looking up at him.

"In an hour," Taehyung replied. "We can make the volume higher when the time comes and put in as many movies as you like okay?"

"Okay"

They laid there watching Zootopia and Jeongguk eating his cookies and drinking his banana milk. He would giggle from time to time from the movie. As the movie came to its end the younger hummed before speaking. 

"If you were a hybrid hyungie, what would you be?" Jeongguk asked as he looked up at the older male.

"Hmm, I'm not sure, either a tiger or a bear," Taehyung wondered aloud. "What would you think I would be?"

"A fox like Nick," Jeongguk replied with a smile before he heard the first sound of the fireworks and jumped into the older's arms more and hid in his chest, flinching at every new firework.

"Awe, it's okay, they're out there, while we are in here, they can't harm you whilst I'm here" Taehyung held the bunny hybrid to his chest and grabbed the TV remote to change it to another movie that the younger liked; which was Robin Hood.

"Here baby bun, Robin Hood is on" Taehyung urged the bunny to look while stroking the back of his head softly.

"Robin Hood?" Jeongguk looked up at the TV screen to see the old way of animation playing. "Can you turn it up please?"

"Of course love" Taehyung smiled as he did so, pulling the hybrid closer.

After an hour Taehyung noticed that the bunny hybrid had fallen asleep against his chest and decided to leave the movie going as it blocked the sound of the fireworks going off from outside. He didn't mind that it was left on, he could pay the bill when it came; it didn't make a difference to him.

All Taehyung cared about was his gentle baby bunny hybrid and his comfort and safety. So soft and so gentle as he lay against the older's chest, his soft breaths hitting the olders collarbone and his hand that was still within the confines of his sweater paws, had been curled up in a fist against Taehyung's chest. His ears twitching at each noise but not badly as it was a sign that he was safe in Taehyung's arms.

Taehyung waited till the fireworks stopped after two hours and when it was all quiet and clear he turned off the TV and settled down into bed more allowing the hybrid to be a lot more comfortable and warm in bed. Taehyung took note that he'll put the cup and plate away the next day as he didn't want to move now and that it wasn't the best idea too; Jeongguk was comfortable and its against the rules of the universe to move once someone is settled and asleep on you.

"Goodnight, sweetheart, I love you" Taehyung muttered against Jeongguk's forehead as he placed a kiss there.

He heard the younger quietly talk in his sleep. "I love you too, hyungie" in a sleepy tone.

That was how they were and how they were meant to be. In each other's arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi,
I hope you like it!
As I said before it was meant to be shorter than normal because…
I've been writing twice a week for the past month so you can forgive the shortness of this short.

Also Happy New Year!!
I hope everyone's year will be good! A better than the last!

I purple you 💜💜💜💜