🎄It's Cold Outside On This Silence Night🎁

This may be shorter for this Christmas.
But it'll be cute nonetheless, and we know that I choose the length of each short as determined on how busy I am and outside things- aka me working and getting up at 4 am for my shift. So this will be a cute short, probably some angst, but happy end as we all know~

Let's get it~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeongguk had been friends with his best friend, Mingyu, for years, and during those years, Jeongguk had met his best friend's older brother by two years, Taehyung, every time he went to their house. He first met the older person when he was staying over for the night at their house after a gaming session with Mingyu in their living room.

Jeongguk was in the kitchen getting a drink of water when Taehyung had walked in shirtless, getting a midnight snack, making the younger man choke on his water. Taehyung had just grabbed a pack of strawberries before heading back upstairs to his room.

Once Jeongguk had returned to the living room, Mingyu was laughing so hard because he heard the other choke and asked why. Jeongguk then told him that he saw his older brother, shirtless, and that was why. Mingyu continued to laugh before he noticed that his best friend was whining and hid his face in his hands, feeling embarrassed about the situation.

Over time, with more interactions and actually talking during dinners or barbecues. Jeongguk started to feel himself grow attracted to his best friend's older brother. Then soon Jeongguk realized he had started to develop a crush on Taehyung. Seeing how cool the other acted and how smooth he was.

It was now Christmas and Jeongguk was in his middle to late twenties, around twenty six and it had been over eight years since he realized he had a crush on Taehyung and he realized recently it wasn't just a crush. He had completely fallen in love with the other.

Jeongguk was over at their home for their Christmas party, and he was having a good time. But he had yet to see the person he had fallen for.

“Jeongguk-ah~” Mingyu hooked his arm around his best friend's shoulders. “Are you doing okay, man?”

“Oh! Yeah, I'm fine” Jeongguk nodded, but he looked around the room again.

“Who are you lookin-'? Oh~” Mingyu teased. “Are you looking for Taehyung?”

“What? N-no” Jeongguk stammered.

“You are,” Minguy teased him again. “Don't worry though, he's just late because he went out on a sorta dinner date sorta, not dinner date with a colleague” He explained.

“He… What?” Jeongguk asked in disbelief.

“Yeah, he just wanted to give just one date a go with the guy, but he was clear it was only once and not a real date,” Mingyu explained. “It was more work related than romance related anyway” He shrugged.

“o-oh..” Jeongguk felt his mouth dry up, and his throat grew tight. “Do you think he enjoyed it..?”

“Maybe” Mingyu shrugged as he took his arm away from the other's shoulder. “I wouldn't know for sure until he comes home smiling”

“Oh, alright,” Jeongguk nodded, biting his lip. “I'll just get another drink”

“Alright, I'm going to go find eomma” Mingyu smiled and then walked away from Jeongguk.

Jeongguk walked over to the drinks table and poured himself another glass of champagne. He sipped it slowly to mask his heart ache. Jeongguk knew that it was his fault that he was like this. He had never mentioned how he felt to Taehyung. So, of course, he'd go on dates and see people from his workplace. But it didn't make it any less painful.