Chapter 24 (Kirino's heart)

Hey there, here is your awaited chapter. I know you won't see this message. Please give your love to Kirino and this book :) Let me know how you felt while reading the chapter. I will be uploading chapter each day this week. I got holidays and exam are coming too lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kirino squeezed her hands when she heard Kariya slight movement in his body. Kariya never bothered to make a move. They both had been standing in silence, not daring to utter words.

Kirino looked at him without the beautiful hues in her

eyes. She choked back a nervous sigh. She had been exposed non-other than by her enemy. She presumed Kariya was her enemy from the beginning. He pushed her to the edge that she asked Tsurugi if Kariya was a seed.

Though such consultation between her and Tsurugi hurt

him, yet he never showed it on his face. Kirino was still as a ledge. Kariya got lost in the traumatic memory. Both are unable to console each other for their perspective words.

They said something they can never take back. Kirino saw

his bangs covered his head, "Nevermind," Kirino said as she felt a glint of guilt emerging.

Kirino didn't bother to wait for a reply and took off. Kariya, however, was on the brink of tears. He got hurt by her words and his own.

(A/N: I feel bad :( Kariya baby is crying)

Kariya heard Kirino's breathless dialogue. He couldn't

care any less. Kariya sniffed and sat down in an attempt to comfort himself. Kirino was down the road path where she could still see Kariya.

Kirino's face danced in agony by looking at her junior.

She bit her lips and squeezed her eyes in his direction. She knew she should prioritize herself before him though that's not how her mom has raised her.

Kirino knew it was her fault that the conversation turned

heated. Though she realized that it was her fault, she didn't want to apologize to him. She reminisced every abominable occurrence since she met Kariya.

Kirino ran and ran. Everything around her didn't matter.

She took a hasty breath as she ran, her legs trembling

from sudden speed and her joints aching from the pressure. Her breath was becoming dim. Her throat was sore.

She ran into the river feild and slid down with her legs.

She was sure that running would take a toll on her. She couldn't care.

As she got closer to the brink of the river, she let her body fall.

She tried to relax until she heard someone panting behind her. She stood up and scowled to see Kariya.

"What is wrong with you?!" Kirino screamed as she panicked. His words kept rolling in her mind.

"At least I am not jealous of my friend's skills. Shindou senpai will get hurt."

"What is wrong with me?" Kariya questioned while still panting. Kirino was also catching her breath.

"Yes! Why did you follow me up here?!" Kirino took a step back as exhilaration of panic veined in her.

"You should ask yourself!" Kariya raged as he ran toward Kirino. How is Kirino supposed to know Kariya's stalking scheme?

Kirino stood there.

"Haha, wait till Shindou hear that you are jealous of him. His one and only dear friend Kirino is jealous of him. Such a petty reason to avoid your friend's friendly gesture." Kirino's inner voice mocked her.

"You are just afraid that you will lose your dignity as soon as you admit that. You are jealous that Shindou is everyone's favourite," the inner voice proactively mentioned.

"Shut up, you lowly midget arsehole," Kirino mumbled angrily. The glint of anger and distrust brewed in her eyes.

"Who do you think will spread that rumour?" Kirino jolted up at her inner voice. She looked Kariya running towards her from

up the bridge of hills to her.

She furrowed her eyes and tightened her palm into a fist.

Kariya saw and did the same. Kirino punched him first as soon as he came charging at her. Kariya's body flew back in comparison to hers.

"What is wrong with you?! Seriously?!" Kirino yelled as Kariya took hold of his stomach. "You are so selfish that you don't see others," Kariya groaned angrily.

He stood up again and charged at her. However, this time Kirino missed her aim and instead, Kariya had punched her shoulder. Kirino flew back.

"That's it! Kariya!" Kirino said as she grumpily watched towards him. Kariya stood there, waiting for her to attack that never came instead she walked past him.

"Leave me alone. I am exhausted," Kirino told him. Kariya scowled and gritted his teeth. "Do you expect me to listen to

you? What are you? Not my mom. Lol, My mom? Who is she?" Kariya hysterically mocked himself.

Kirino stood there in silence. She eyed him and, he did the same.

"I am sorry," Kirino said quietly. Kirino expected Kariya to gently recoil. Kariya blew up.

"You expect this to finish this argument with an apology?" You expect me to forgive you?" Kariya laughed at her. Kirino grew angrier at his every word.

"Mature up, brat and leave me alone," Kirino yelled at him. Though they both were a few inches apart, yet that didn't stop them from yelling at each other.

"Fine, you aren't any noble than me. At least I know how to keep my mouth's tight. I know the limit of insult I can throw unlike you! You completely ignored the boundary," Kariya roughly shoved his shoulder against Kirino and she fell on the ground.

She saw Kariya march away and bite her lips to simmer her boiling anger. Kirino stayed there until she saw nothing of Kariya. She was glad that he left her alone though he had said the opposite.

Kirino let her upper body calmly fall on the ground as she heaved a sigh. She exasperated it.

"One thing after another," Kirino growled as she squeezed her eyebrows with her finger. "My headache. I am tired. I want to sleep," Kirino mentioned to herself and tiredly closed her eyes.

"Take me to the sky already," Kirino mumbled as she tried to sleep. Though it wasn't the comfy bed, yet she fell asleep.

"I will hone my skills so I won't be called out," Kirino mumbled in her sleep. She laid there without a worry.

However, there was a shadow that was looking at her. No pulse went through that body. It stood so still that it was eerie. Whoever it is, their haunting presence went over by Kirino.

Kirino was sleeping so deeply that the figure took a bold step towards her. Gently, without making any noise, the person walked down the stairs and skimmed to Kirino.

"Out of all places, you had to sleep here. Such a bother." They mumbled as they tugged lightly on her pigtails. Kirino never reacted to it. The person concluded that she was sleeping heavily.

The person sighed and growled while looking around.

"Why do I always find you whenever I don't want to see you?" The person admitted. 

Written on: 28 December 2021

Publish on: 28 December 2021

Words Written: 1122

Vote, share and comments until next time. Special Christmas chapter will be up!