Chapter 16 (Tsurugi)

I humbly apologize for not uploading the new chapter weekly as I promised. Things became a little complicated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kirino will meet Tsurugi at the riverbank, and then they will go to their hangouts. Kirino was forced into it while the forcer was happy with her submission.

"Kariya, sit with me," Kirino ordered him as he obliged in pleasure. He tauntingly looked at Tsurugi while sitting at the last seat.

Tsurugi smirked back as the event didn't bother him. After all, he had plans with Kirino later. Nobody could ruin that.

"What is it, senpai?" He asked as he drew closer and eventually sat beside her.

"Thank you," Kirino whispered to him. Kariya was astonished but kept a neutral face. "For?" He continued to ask her.

"For saying mean things to me when I lost the grip of the match," Kirino mumbled. Kariya smiled a little.

"Hmm," He sang.

"My words weren't mean," Kariya continued with his words. Kirino looked at him. "They hurt you because they were true," Kariya was satisfied with his answer, closed his eyes, and rested his head back.

Kirino didn't fight back because he was right. Kirino smiled internally and pushed the last words from her mouths. She opened and closed them.

"Thank you for believing in me," Kirino looked away at the window. Kariya shot his eyes open.

"You thanked me twice. I might win a fortune today!" Kariya overdid his words of joy. He felt happy that the person he admires is reciprocating his feelings.

"You got lucky," Kirino boldly said. Kariya's surprised eyes met hers.

They turned their face away. "You are welcome," Kariya mumbled in a soft tone, hiding his blush.

Kirino hummed in response. The rest of the ride was quiet for them.

They were in their bubble. There could be no outer voice that would reach ears except their heartbeats. The warmth they felt with each other's company couldn't be expressed with words.

One was happy while the other was flustered. How would life lead them?

"Kirino senpai is darn cute," Kariya thought as he groaned.

"I wonder if he has a girlfriend," Kariya ponder while staring at Kirino's gentle and delicate face. He held her face and rested her head on his shoulder.

He also fell asleep. He lay his head on her's ever so gently. The team Raimon was witnessing this whole bizarre occurring.

"Well, well, well, look who is comfy sleeping with each other after fighting?" Hamano yelled.

Hamano stopped in his fun track when we felt multiple hands on him. "Shh, don't wake them up," Sangoku loudly told him.

"Let them rest. Both must be exhausted," Sangoku smiled as he pointed at Shindou's seat. Shindou was peacefully sleeping.

Everyone was tired not only because of the match but also Endou's behaviour tired them out. Team Raimon could rest peacefully.

Hamano nodded.

The car went silent and peaceful air returned to the bus. The world was all so quiet for those who were sleeping and bright for who was awake. Endou looked back at the kids and smiled.

"This reminds me of when we used to sleep while coming back from a match," Endou mentioned to Kidou. He smiled.

Kidou put his hand on Endou's shoulder and smirked evilly.