Chapter 32 (Talk?)

Hello, my exams had been hectic with full no skimmed stress and mental imbalance but my love for Kirino knows no bound. I hope you all doing great, and personal advice, don't stress yourself and enjoy the moment and grow from it.

Kirino thanked her mom for putting lights on her doubts, though she had a lot more to ask her.

"Umm, hey, mom?" Kirino spoke up, pulling away from the hug. "Yes?"

"I have more to ask. Where is dad? Did he, you know?" Kirino avoided her eyes while her mom held Kirino's jaw and smiled.

"No darling, he was called upon by heaven."

"Why? Did he do something wrong?"

"He met and fell in love," She shimmered in regret.

"Was it foul to love someone?"

"Simply no, love. He was my guardian angel, and Afriel broke the pure law of biding with humans. Your father told me he would have had been severely punished for not abiding by the law."

"Where is he? Will he be back?"

"I have been waiting for him almost these past sixteen years. I-" Ms Kirino's voice broke as her memories of Afriel rushed into her system.

"I shouldn't have loved him! I should have kept rejecting him, but this heart couldn't help but long for him." She whimpered as she blamed herself for the outcome. Kirino had never seen her mom struggle as a single mom, but it was the first time she had seen her mom cry.

"Mom, don't cry. I know he is safe and sound." Her mom grabbed her shoulder while bawling over her loss.

"Give me a minute. I will stop in a minute. I shouldn't bother you like this. How can I cry when you have been fatherless because of me?"

"Mom, don't cry-" Kirino's shaken voice made Sayaka look lovingly at her child. She had seen Kirino cry multiple times, and all that cries were because Kirino got overwhelmed with emotions.

"I-I was scared that you might not like me if I told you that I had been changing my orientation. I was afraid that you might call me a monster," Kirino rubbed the back of her palm against her eyes to stop the pool of tears from falling.

"I was so afraid that I might become insignificant to you. I was afraid I would be blamed for it," Kirino pushed her hand deep into her eyes from any tears still seeping out.

Sayaka urgently hugged her child and patted Kirino's back tenderly. "I should have known something non-human would happen to you. I am sorry, Ranmaru, I couldn't tell you."

"You were in the dark for so long, and nothing seemed to have happened to you despite my worries, so I thought I shouldn't, I couldn't-" Sayaka tried reasoning only to be abruptly stopped.

Kirino shook her face and groaned a negative reply, "Nhh, It is not your fault, but thank you for telling me now. I only wish I had known a little sooner, so I would never had thought about myself as a monster," Kirino's hair were a mess from her mother's constant patting.

"Darling, believe me, I wanted to. I wanted to tell you all. I was afraid that you might think of me as a fierce person. I am not proud of my old self," Sayaka bitterly smiled.

"Please, forgive me, my darling precious son- daughter," Sayaka corrected herself.

"I am a girl now," Kirino frowned a little.

"Great, we both can go sometime out to pick some prettiest clothes for you," Sayaka smiled apologetically.

Kirino giggled over the information directed at her. "You bet. However, I like to wear boy's clothes since I have been a boy till now," Kirini muttered.