Chapter - 8

Hello dear friends, I hereby announce that sue to this Covid-19 my brain is playing funny for a while. I am thinking of stopping this fan fiction and write my fictional story. The plot is a mess so I will need to put my body and soul into it. Anyway since I am senior high schooler, I will be gone again. Just hoping to get some votes and comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on Kirino why are you so bothered by fifteen minutes?", asked Kirino to herself. Kirino looked around the field. She was still bothered by the fact that she witnessed a beautiful goal despite being a defender she wanted to be the one to earn that goal.

"Don't lose focus senpai, I might surpass you in these fifteen minutes", said Kariya as he looked everywhere but his dear senpai. "What the actual frick?", asked Kirino looking at Kariya who was still not looking at her. Kirino was pissed off by such negligence.

"I am just saying you look like a person whose purpose in life has been finished and you are depressed by it. Keep at it and I will take your importance away", said Kariya despite not meaning it, he looked at his senpais eyes dead serious.

furrowed her eyebrows in anger and looked away. "Keep dreaming". Kariya smirked at her. While this little chit chat was over the game continued.

"I am going to win the match", mutter Kirino as she looked at Shindou's back. "I never thought this day would come so soon that it will be hard to accept these revolting feeling to none other than my best friend. Every human has the greed of its own so, I guess I am no different".

The whistle blew indicating that the match has started now. All the player were attentive now. Shindou passed the ball to Hikaru usually and he then passed it to the midfielder. Tsurugi cut in the passage of a flow of ball and kicked it high in the air.

"Is he going in the brutal offence?", thought Kirino as she was ready to defend the ball. Tsurugi caught the ball on his ankle. Tsurugi dribbles the ball until he was face to face with Kirino.

"Senpai, kindly gets out of the way", said Tsurugi. "The mist", yelled Kirino,

Tsurugi was covered in the mist and he couldn't see anything except the heavy fog. Out of nowhere Kirino jumped out of the air and took the ball. Tsurugi wasn't surprised but amused still he needed the ball back. He ran after Kirino to take the ball.

Noticing Tsurugi struggled to catch up, Kirino pushed on her horsepower. "I need to make a shoot or else he will catch me but who?". Kirino looked around to see all her midfielders and defender blocked by another player. Kirino clicked her tongue. Kirino stopped dribbling and looked more carefully for more opening.

Kirino found Tenma and Shindou free. Even though Kirino was clear who she should pass and yet she didn't budge from her place. Tsurugi was almost there and she knew she had to make a quick decision. "Whatever I will come up with some excuse", muttered Kirino.

Kirino turned on her heels and passed the ball to Kariya who was free. For a defender to come to midfielder area and then pass the ball to defender area. One can say the person who does so is a dumb person. What is the point in running to the area where one can pass the ball to the striker but instead passing the ball to defender makes all the effort to total zero?

Shindou was shocked beyond comprehension and Tenma was equally shocked. Not only Kirino came to midfielder area but also passing the ball back to the initial area.

"What are you doing senpai, you should have passed the ball to Shindou senpai", said Tenma as he made his way to Kirino.

"You think so I thought if I had done that maybe others might have intertwined", said Kirino.Kariya was shocked as to why senpai has passed the ball to him. "Are you stupid senpai?", asked Kariya as he took the ball softly. Kirino just twitched in her place and had a scowl on her face. "I see you had no option but to rely on me", said Kariya as he smiled innocently.

"Shut up we don't have much of time". Kariya rogered and passed the ball to Tenma who succeed escaped his opposing team's player. Tenma was about to pass the ball to Shindou but it was taken by Kurama.

Kurama smirked and rage onward with the ball. "Let me show you how poisonous is my soccer", said Kurama as he passed the ball to Tsurugi, seeing Kirino very close to Tsurgi Kurama yelled at him to march forward.

Tsurugi snapped out of his trance which was caused by his senpai ridiculous behaviour. Tsurugi took the ball and dribbled.

Tsurugi ran fast the defence which surprised Kariya who was unable to do anything since he was far from his position. Both defenders were out of place. One stuck up in midfielder's area while the other is near the far corner of defender field.

Tsurugi called upon his avatar. "Death sword".

A huge dark essence and shadow covered the ball. Tsurugi strikes the ball. "Songoku senpai", yelled Kirino. Songoku called upon his technique. The struggle between letting the ball in and out was visible on the face of the goalkeeper. The whistle blew indicating a goal has secured.

"Sorry senpai, I shouldn't have left my position open like that", said Kirino as she apologized over and over again.

"It is not your fault that we let them gain a point. It is my fault that my defence technique was weak", said Snagoku as he dare not to look at his kouhai.

Kirino sternly stood there not desiring to depart yet. The whistle blew twice showing that the match ended.

"Everyone line up", said Endou as players matched up and form a line horizontally in front of him.

"As everyone knows this practice match doesn't hold consequence as a real match do still I need to remind you guys that whatever we learn here is kept in our heart and soul. Whatever we make mistake here can be bettered by our teammates". Everyone glanced at each other.

"f you behave like sore losers then you might never improve so I want you guys to go home and think about what you did today. Was it better than usual or worst than ever?", said Endou as he walked away.

"Everyone, wash up and release", said Kidou as he walked away too. Following them was none other than Kidou's sister. She smiled before walking away to cheer up the players.

"Well that didn't go well", said Kurama as he walked away disappointed. Everyone had a stern yet depressing look.

Kirino clicked her tongue and departed early than anyone. "This game is going to ruin my brain for sure", thought Kirino as she wore an annoyed expression.

Kariya looked at his senpai. He was a little curious as to why his senpai has a troubled attire. He followed Kirino behind for few moments before he was interrupted by managers.

"Wait, Kariya kun we need you to be here. All the first year please come here", said Aoi as she directed them to the benches.

"What is it?", asked Kariya as he settled down on the bench. Aoi smiled awkwardly but ignored Kariya's demanding voice.

"It is about the competition which is going to hold this Friday", said Tenma as he took the lead from Aoi.

"I heard coach Endou talking that he won't let us play in the next match". At this everyone including Shinsuke and Tsurugi had a confused look. 

Okay I did well. I hope you have good time ahead. Actually this took me about 7 -10 hours to write. I will tell you why it took me so long in my personal book so be sure to check t hat out. Further notice will be given through it. Please vote, comment and share.

Written on : 4-5 July 2020

Published on: 5 July 2020

Words count : 1343