chapter 30 Mom knows better

Kirino thanked Hakuryuu and reached home safely, for which her mom would have been grateful. Kirino bid farewell and went to her room.

Hakuryuu was left perplexed at her doorstep but left the house as it was. He didn't want to intrude further.

Meanwhile, Kirino was preparing to have a warm bath though it got relatively hot in her region. She never expected to be home early, but since her plan didn't work; here she was; bathing.

She heard the bell rung. She jumped out of her bath and dressed before reaching for the door. She wrapped her hair in the towel. She paced down the hallway and then to the entrance passage.

"Yes?!" Kirino exclaimed to the person. She stumbled back a little after looking at the human.

"Oh, dear, why are you in the house? I thought you would be at school," Kirino's mom said while placing her hand on her waist.

"Ah, why did you ring the bell then?" Kirino questioned. Her mom was baffled at her question.

"I do it for fun. It also alerts your stalker or robber that you are not alone," Her mom flicked her curled hair back. Kirino giggled at her spontaneous acts.

"Young lady, you won't be laughing longer when I ask you to answer my question," Kirino's mom cleared her throat.

Kirino nervously giggled at her mom's statement. "I have a reason to stay at home. I got extreme fatigue, and there is something I want to talk about," Kirino stood straight and avoided eye contact.

"Let's go inside first," Kirino led her in and waited for the scolding. Her mom never initiated a talk, as much as Kirino would want her to do so.

"Will you not ask me about bunking the class?" She inquired.

"Not right now; we will talk about it after I have freshened up. I hope you are not sick," she walked into the kitchen area and drank water.

"Oh, okay." Kirino awkwardly shifted herself away from her mother. She sighed when she relaxed in her room. Her heart was beating fiercely.

Kirino wanted to ask her mom bizarre questions, but instead of attacking her, Kirino left the lady alone. She jumped on her bed and then shallowly cried on a pillow.

"Kirino, come down," Kirino heard her mom announcing her name, though she was drowsy but walked down to her. She was heavy on her steps as she groaned and rubbed her eyes since she was disturbed in her dream.

"Hello, dear, sit down. Drink water if you want. We have something to talk about." Mrs Kirino spoke lightly in her croaky and tired voice.

This alerted Kirino as she gulped and drank water for her dry throat. She knew she was in trouble for skipping school, and her heart was racing in her cavity. Kirino could faint if she had control over it.

Kirino gently put her glass down and slowly walked toward her mom. She tried to delay her mom's outburst by walking timidly; however, that didn't work. Her mom noticed her child's action and sighed.

"Come here, dear. I won't scold you," Kirino heard her mom comforting her. Kirino was reluctant to walk near since she knew her mom's temper.

"I am sorry for skipping school." Kirino prayed in her mind for her mom to not care. She knew her begging wouldn't solve the situation. She didn't give hope for excuses as that wouldn't help.

"Sit. Why did you skip school?"

"I overslept," Kirino thought hard for an excuse, and this was all she could come up with.

"Are you kidding me?"

"No, as stupid as it sounds, it is true," Kirino's eyes faltered when she gaped into her mother's eyes.