Chapter 28 (Past)

Hi, there you are, lovely readers. I missed you. 

Kirino tried guiding Hakuryuu and finding out about her power sadly; the efforts turned futile. Shuu kept his patience though it looked like it was breaking.

Kirino had led the group around multiple areas by now. The cold breezes are making them quickly find a warmer place. Though they wanted to though they didn't leave; they couldn't. Kirino shivered as her shoes went deeper into the ice.

The atmosphere has gravely depleted, leading to extreme raspy air and twitching cold. Everything around was so still and lifeless as sturdy breezes flowed, leaving the three teens shivering. 

Shuu and Hakuryuu now dominated their track, Kirino following them from behind. The regret in her eyes prevailed in her entire attire. She didn't first hand think about the temperature. If she had, she wouldn't have worn light clothes.

We should stop searching now." Hakuryuu loudly declared. Shuu stopped and looked at Kirino, who was leading the group but now retired to a follower. 

"Guys, I don't know about you but, I am dying of cold here," Kirino groaned while her teeth chattered.

"Well, no crap," Hakuryuu retired back amusingly. Shuu and Hakuryuu were both in the same situation.

"Should we call it a quit now? We have already travelled to ten places," Hakuryuu.

"Why don't we teleport back?" Kirino questioned.

"Look, I can barely open portal four times, unlike last time; on the other hand, Shuu can do it more than enough. We both are getting tired. You don't make portals, therefore; you don't know it's taking a toll on us," Hakuryuu sat by the tree and sighed.

"Frick, I am tired," Hakuryuu thought.

"Kirino, I think we should stop now for a bit and rest," Shuu put his words. At that, Hakuryuu stared daggers into Kirino's face that she ignored. Without hearing a reply he started talking again.

"Yes, let's do that," Shuu stopped in his track and waited for Kirino. Their attire was long sleeves and sweatpants except for Shuu. He was wearing his iconic dress, black suit and pant.

"It's retard cold," Hakuryuu grew angry at his clothes. "Well, I forgot to take temperature into consideration. Though I have brought snacks for us," Kirino said while panting.

It wasn't an adequate walk on snow and especially wearing non-winter clothes. Their steps were sinking into the snow and thus making them have frivolous goosebumps.

"Oh, well, nice. One thing I agree you did wise," Hakuryuu sarcastically replied. Kirino only rolled her eyes in displeasure. She had been having a second thought to have brought Hakuryuu. Though he is very strict at times; nevertheless she has started to like his company now.

"Yeah, unlike you. I have once acted wise," Kirino stood tall and dropped her bag. 

Hakuryuu stopped to look back. Shuu was already reaching towards her.

"Are you okay?" Shuu asked. Kirino gently smiled at him and gave a single nod.

"It is quite late at night, so I want to rest now. We will complete our search tomorrow," Kirino announced, for once Hakuryuu agreed. 

"We need to rest now. It's quite late." Shuu interrupted them, not minding to repeat the same thing as Kirino.

"Are you okay?" Shuu asked while a gentle smile rested on his face. He came close and rested his hands on Kirino's shoulder.