Are You Two Married?!//Sundrop X daycare assistant!Reader

This came to my mind so voila, we have this.

Enjoy?

_____

You were a "star employee" already, despite having been hired only two months ago.

You were assigned to work in the daycare, and things had never gone smoother! While there were still complaints about Sunny, there were considerably less of them since you'd begun working there.

They'd never be fully gone, you knew that, but hey. Even the merch sales went up, because kids were having fun.

Tonight, you were helping around as you usually do. You had a Nightshift which you asked for, and the company was more than happy to give you.

However, you had... A golden retriever of an animatronic to deal with, too.

-----

It was loud (kids were playing, of course it was) and you were by the security desk, working on some computers. You heard the jingle from Sun's bracelets, the bells swaying with every skip he made.

"Come play with us, Y/N!" He said, dragging you over to the ball pit. As you helped played some games with the children, one in particular narrowed his eyes at you two. The surrounding children (though the rest continued to play) stopped to watch.

"Do you live here?" The child asks, tilting their head to the side innocently. The question was directed at you, which made you giggle. "No, I don't live here." But sun, bless his endo, added something that lead to the most embarrassing situation you'd dealt with in a good while.

"They're just here a lot!" Sun says, and the kid takes a moment before their eyes widen, like they've cracked a case. "Are you two married?"

It makes your face heat considerably, and seems to fluster Sun as well. The two of you swiftly distract him (and the kids watching). Or, at least, you thought so.

What you didn't know was that, while you and Sunny attended to other children, that same child spread word that the two of you were married.

You were over by the security desk again when Sunny skips up, this time not to ask for you to play games.

"Y/N?" He asked, and you knew that as you looked up you were doomed.

"Will you have a slumber party with me tonight?" he asks, giving you his best, most convincing puppy eyes despite the permanent smile in his face.

Swing.

You give him a deadpan look. "Moony misses you too."

Home run.

You sigh, "alright, alright, but I'm only agreeing because I have he Nightshift." You say, and you don't know who it's meant to convince. You, or him.

He nods, gently picking your hand up and bringing it to his faceplate, nuzzling against it. A kiss, perhaps? A faint shade of red dusts your cheeks, but as he continues, you feel something move behind his faceplate.

Before you can question what it is, however, you pull you hand away at the giggles from the children who watched the scene. Right, yes, you were in a daycare. Taking care of children.

You will away your red face and continue on with your day. You'd best forget that thing behind Sunny's faceplate until later, when you could ask.

----

You're almost certain Sunny was trying to get you to fake marry him, for the kid's entertainment or something, but you never let him propose the idea, or a child cut him off.

By the time your night shift rolled around, he was still trying, and he was doing it subtly. What he would call subtle, at least.

Eventually, you got to recline in the twins's room, beyond the curtain. You were bored and so, as he sat cross legged, (or how the daycare said it, "crisscross applesauce") on the floor making bracelets and rambling away, you began to gently touch his sun rays that sat in his head.

He paused what he was doing as he felt you touch the attachments. "What are you doing, sunshine?" He asked, but you merely told him to continue what he was doing and ignore you. So, albeit hesitantly, he continued talking and making bracelets for the two of you.

You felt and saw a button, and, taking your chances, pushed it.

A whirring came from within Sunny.

He stopped talking now.

Then a crackle.

When he spoke, after the sounds stopped, it was clearer than before. "Oh, this is nicer than I last remembered..."

When he turned around to face you, you almost screamed.

He was sticking his tongue out at you. A fucking tongue! Whoever designed these robots is a fucking maniac, why would any robot need a tongue??

He leaned in close to you, "hey doll, thanks for pressing that." He said, with a flirtatious undertone.

Listen, while you were an introvert, rarely went outside, and are single which in turn means you're lonely, this was beyond a thing you were prepared for, how were you supposed to get used to-

You were used to it now.

I mean really, you were in no place to judge.

But when Sunny leaned in close, gently pecking your lips before pulling away, being "used to it" didn't mean you didn't almost pass out from shock and embarrasment.

____

Ta da!

This is something I'm really proud of, so-

Yeah?

Alright, I'm off now but uh-

See you tomorrow (or next upload)?

Bye!