Breakdowns And Cuddles//Sundrop X daycare attendant!Non-binary Reader

I have decided to state who request these so-

This was requested by: cowgirlchicken

Enjoy!

_______

Sunny was optimistic, friendly, and could get a little... Pushy at times, but he was just trying his best.

Sometimes, because his programming and AI were so advanced, he'd have a sensory overload from all the children and parents he dealt with on a daily.

Though he never did this in front of anyone, and hid away in his room while he calmed down (after all the children had went home and he cleaned up, of course. He still had a job to do).

But, on this particular day, he'd had a really rough day and coudn't wait to get to the sanctuary of his room. The kids had gotten rowdy today, and some had even pulled on his rays sat in the top of his faceplate.

As he was cleaning up, he couldn't hold back the sobbing sounds. Being unable to fully cry, he could only make the sounds.

But he'd forgotten one thing. You were in today, cleaning up with him. Currently, you were in the storage room well hidden from children, putting away boxes.

So your horror at returning upon hearing sobs and seeing Sunny, a bot who you favoured, clawing at his neck and face without actually trying to dismantle himself was justified.

{Third person POV}

They rushed over, and dropped to their knees. Sunny was in a bad condition mentally, as his physical state seemed fine.

It's one of his breakdowns, they thought, and gently spoke to the distressed animatronic. "Sunny, hey... I'm in front of you... I'm gonna touch your hands, okay?"

With that, they reached out their own and gently held his, pulling them away from where they clawed at his faceplate. He was looking around frantically, eyes darting around faster than you'd ever seen an animatronic do before.

"Sunny, hey... Can you look at me please?" They say, and his eyes flick to theirs for a second, before darting away. However, he looked at their eyes more often.

They'd had begun to memorize the pattern he moved his eyes in. Left, right, up, down, then back to them. He repeated this six of seven times before they cupped his faceplate with their right hand.

"Sunny... Please, focus on me if you can." They say, and he follows. Their thumb stroked his cheek, a silent way of telling him he was doing good.

"That's it... There you go... Now I want you to focus on what you can see without looking around." He, again, follows, listing out what he sees all while keeping his eyes on them. "Y-your eyes, your h-hair, your nose, your lips, your clothes... A-and that's it.." his voice box, while not actually damaged, is glitching slightly, making him stutter more than usual.

They nod along as he speaks, and smile when he stops. "Well done sunshine!" They say, and kiss the top of Sunny's faceplate gently. He smiles as well, if that's even possible, and feels his internal fans start to try and cool him down as they relax back on their knees.

He'd opened his arms, a silent gesture for cuddles. They giggle, nodding, and curl up in Sunny's arms. "Let's just cuddle, clean up can wait for a bit..." They say, quietly, and they feel him nod against their head.

For now, the two of you were content to ignore the small mess within the daycare in favour of cuddles.

He pressed his faceplate to your hair- the closest thing to a kiss. They redden a slight amount, and bury their head into his neck.

He just chuckles, wrapping his arms around them and allowing himself to relax.
________

While I'm still not feeling great, I managed to write this. I do apologize if it's bad.

Uh, yes, my other announcement: thank you for 20K! It was a pleasant surprise! And to all those who commented (or voted), I thank you, also!

It always makes me smile.

Ok, that's all, please have a great day/night if you haven't already!

Bye for now!