Chapter 4

"Damn it!"

     "Come on, Y/n!"

     "This brat! Why did you pull her into the water?!"

     So loud...

     "How was I supposed to know she couldn't swim?"

     "What made you conclude that she was like you?!"

     "She's an omega! Why would she be with you guys?!"

     Ugh...

     As you slowly opened your eyes, the blinding sun appeared just like before. You lifted your hand to your face, shading it from the light.

     "Y/n!" You heard Polnareff yell. You turned your head in his direction to see him... in front of... water? You shot yourself up and looked around you in a panic.

     You were on a much smaller boat with the crusaders and a... girl?

     You coughed, suddenly feeling your body's pain from the incident in the water. You knew why you ended up elsewhere, but why were you not on the ship?

     "Wha-" You tried to speak, but coughs kept interrupting your words until you gave up.

     "Hey, I'm really sorry!" The girl on the boat with you mumbled. You looked at her, and then at the others, confused. "You should have said something!" She crossed her arms, huffing with her head turned away from you. She seemed satisfied with her apology, but you still had no idea what was going on.

     "L/n," Jotaro said from your left side. You looked at him, suddenly seeing that his face was only inches from yours. A deep blush covered your cheeks as you quickly looked away. "You-" He began before he was interrupted by a scream from the girl.

     You all shot her a surprised look as she pointed behind you. Looking back, you saw a huge freighter passing. Your mouth nearly fell open at the size.

     It was so close now, you could touch the side with your hand. The stairs were lowered and everyone was ready to board the ship. However, Jotaro stared at it skeptically.

     "Jotaro, what are you thinking?" Mr. Joestar asked. "You fear a Stand user is on this ship too?"

     Jotaro stared at it a second longer before responding. "No... I just have to wonder why they'd lower the stairs and yet not show themselves." Both you and Mr. Joestar looked at the ship with concern as a result of his words.

     Polnareff insisted on getting on, saying, "Even if every soul on board is a Stand user, I'm still getting on this ship!" You sighed at his careless attitude.

     Jotaro held out his hand for you to take. Without much thought, you held it and jumped over to the stairs of the freighter. He made sure you were stable before letting go and holding out his hand for the girl.

     Instead of using his help, she jumped across directly at you, wrapping her legs and arms around you as she landed. Her weight, which was similar, if not heavier than yours, immediately pulled you to the ground.

     Quickly, Jotaro caught you, placing his hand on your back. The girl jumped off of your body and stood next to you in a panic.

     Jotaro looked at your frightened expression, his hands tightly wrapped around your body to keep you secure before bringing you to your feet.

     "Ah-" You began, clearing your throat. "Thank you. Sorry about that... I-"

     "No, no, no!" The girl yelled. "Jeez!" She rubbed her forehead roughly, quite troubled by her thoughts. "First the water and now this! It's my fault! Sorry!" Her eyes stayed glued to the floor with a scowl on her face.