Chapter 9

This is my favorite song :(

Y/n's POV

     I can't stand the silence. I hate the darkness that always surrounds me. I wish I could do something about it, but what is there to do?

     My life is controlled by others. If it weren't, would this darkness disappear?

     "Y/n!" Mom yelled from the kitchen. "It's almost five, what are you doing? Start dinner or it won't be ready in time!"

     As I sat on my bed in silence, I listened as the footsteps came closer to my room. The door was locked, but was that enough to stop someone from entering?

     I was curious to see what would happen if just once I didn't listen. Every single day, at every single hour, I'd do as I was told.

     It wasn't frightening at first. It was almost exciting... at first.

     "Y/n!" She called out again. "Times up! Get down here RIGHT NOW!" I flinched as her volume grew louder, her voice cracking as she yelled. "IF YOU DON'T START DINNER, I'M GOING TO COME UP THERE! DO YOU KNOW WHAT ILL DO NEXT?!"

     I closed my eyes, hearing the footsteps come closer and closer... until they stopped outside my door.

     "Y/n?" Dad said, lightly knocking on the door. "Your mother isn't joking. You should go downstairs now, okay?" He quietly stood there, waiting for me to open the door, and I did.

     However, when I did, Dad grabbed the hair on my head and slammed it against the wall. I screamed in pain, fighting for his hands to let go. He kept smashing it until it bled; until he was satisfied.

     I never misbehaved again. It seemed this one incident was enough to ruin the trust they had in me forever. One mistake at anything and it was another bash to the skin. I hated it. I just wanted to do well... for them. All I did was listen... so why?

     "Sometimes I wonder why you're so useless," Mom mumbled. I had accidentally dropped a glass. She watched me as I carefully picked up each shard off of the ground.

     It was the first time I had ever heard those words directed at me. I stopped and stared at the floor as she continued to spit out insults.

     What? I thought, clumping a ball of glass in my fists, causing them to bleed.

     This bitch. What haven't I done for her?! I...

     I looked up at her, holding the glass in my hands.

     I'll kill her.

     In a quick motion, I jumped up from my sitting position and threw my fist at her face. She barely flinched. I knew I was horribly weak due to the little they fed me, but I thought I could at least hurt her.

     "You're crazy!" She yelled, glaring at me. "You crazy bitch!"

     I dropped the glass, punching her again, but my fist was caught by a hand- Dad's hand.

     I'm sure you can guess what happened after that. It wasn't long before we went to Egypt on our "surprise vacation". I accepted that I had messed up. I was guilty of ruining my own life, but I wasn't sure what I had done wrong. They had done the same thing to me, so why couldn't I hurt them?

     "You're a loyal one," DIO whispered in my ear as I stood in the dark room, shaking from fear. I didn't know who or what he was, but his scent was intoxicating. DIO was an alpha and I was his prey.

     How could I refuse?

     When I was sent back to Japan to eliminate Jotaro, I cried for the first time.

     As I approached him, tears ran down my face for the very first time. I saw him walking, not having done anything wrong, while he knew nothing about my mission.

     I wondered if he was able to fight well. He was huge, but was his Stand superior to mine?

     No. Don't think such useless things.

     It didn't matter. I would be killing him anyway... just knowing this, made me cry even harder.

     "I'll kill them once I'm done. They'll pay for this. I'll kill them. I'll kill them," I mumbled as I walked toward him.

     My feet were silent, and my mouth was shut whilst I let out the mist slowly and carefully.

     However, Jotaro had already prepared for me to attack. He stood there with his hands in his pockets, staring at the ground as his Stand wrapped its fingers around my throat.

     Tears continued to stream down my face, but I didn't say anything. I deserved this. I was relieved that he could defeat me. In fact, I wanted to thank him. I knew that if I died right then and there, everything would be over.

     So I closed my eyes, and let my body fall limp. It was dark... and silent... but there was something else.

     Even though he was furious and hurting me, Jotaro gave me something I never had...

     Emotion.

(795 words) Thank you for reading! There's more, so continue on to the next chapter! (˃̣̣̥ w ˂̣̣̥)