Chapter 59

"He doesn't look sane enough to be interrogated about DIO, Jotaro," Avdol sighed as you all looked at the crazy man rolling on the ground.

"He was strong though. He wanted to beat the four of us all by himself. He could've won. We were lucky," Jotaro responded without much disappointment in that you still didn't know the location of DIO.

"My head hurts so damn much," Polnareff groaned alongside Mr. Joestar as they both rubbed their heads in pain. Now that they'd mentioned it though, your head also hurt like hell. "Y/n's head must be killing her if she was crying so much when she just woke up..."

"What? I wasn't crying," You defended, knowing full well you were.

"Why were you crying, Y/n-Chan?" Mr. Joestar asked in concern.

"W-well, I had a dream... After my match with D'arcy..." You slowly admitted.

"I thought his name was D'arby..." Polnareff mumbled as he tried to remember the enemy's name.

"It doesn't matter," Mr. Joestar grumbled. "I also had a dream."

"I did too," Polnareff joined in. "Sherry was right there in front of me like she was alive again. Ah, it was so wonderful..."

Mr. Joestar nodded. "Holly was in my dream, healthy and joyful. It was refreshing," He said with a smile.

"What about you, Y/n? Who was in your dream?" Polnareff asked with a smirk on his face. He must have already known.

"Jotaro," You answered bluntly. Hearing his name, his head perked up and looked at you with new interest in this conversation. "B-but it wasn't refreshing like your dreams."

"I see, well then, we should keep moving if we want any information before the sun goes down," Mr. Joestar said quickly.

You all nodded and began to walk around the awfully large city in search of the mansion or anyone who knew of the mansion.

"I can feel his presence," Mr. Joestar quietly informed after another long search. "We're close."

Walking down a dirt road, a sudden rush of pheromones electrified your body, making you stop immediately. Jotaro looked at you in confusion and concern, stopping beside you.

"S-sorry," You stuttered, the uneasy feeling in your body stationary. "I just felt a little odd suddenly."

You touched the back of your neck where you could still feel the mark he'd given you. However, it wasn't the mark you were feeling, but the sudden sweat that lightly covered the skin.

"Jotaro," You whispered, motioning for him to lean down to talk in his ear. Once he'd done so, you wasted no time in telling him what you'd just discovered. "We're being followed. I can feel their eyes glued to us."

His eyes met yours from the close distance between your faces, but he quickly moved away, lightly pushing you back toward the rest of the group.

"I understand," He finally answered, deciding to trust your instinct.

You walked only a little further when you realized Polnareff had gone missing. Looking around, you couldn't find him anywhere, which alarmed the other crusaders as well.

"Polnareff?" Mr. Joestar called out. "Did you find the people following us?" There was no response, worrying everyone immensely.

Walking back the way you came quickly, Avdol called out to the French man without any response each time.

"He smells frightened," You suddenly said, the words escaping your mouth without much thought.

"What?" Jotaro questioned, alarm in his voice. He sniffed the air himself to find the same scent. "Polnareff!" He called out as you all picked up your pace, looking in all directions for the man.

Finally, you turned the corner where his scent was strongest to see him casually leaning against a wall, his arms crossed with a cheeky grin on his face.

What the hell?

"Ah, there you are," Avdol sighed. "What's wrong? Was someone actually following us?"

"No. No one was following us. Y/n must've been mistaken," He said with the same fake smile. Everyone could smell his lies and fright as he stood in front of you, but, of course, no one would speak this with the enemy possibly ready to strike at any moment.

"Then, what are you doing standing in that corner?" Avdol asked as though he knew nothing about his terrible act.

"I... kinda... want to pee," He answered, visible sweat dripping down his pale face.

"Peeing on the street in Downtown? Have you no shame?" Mr. Joestar asked in what seemed to be disgust if not for his worry-filled scent.

Suddenly, he stuck out his tongue, pushing it to the right side of his face. You all stood in silence as he furiously pushed it to that side, and it was painfully hard to watch.

"There's something behind you?" Avdol asked, stepping forward, ready to protect the hostage.

Then, Polnareff stuck his tongue back in his mouth and let out a hard, loud sneeze, his head falling forward. As he did this, a man stumbled forward, holding a gun that was positioned to be at Polnareff's head. You gasped as you realized who it was.

I couldn't even smell him... You grumbled in your head, wondering why this was.

Polnareff quickly brought out his Stand and attacked the falling man, blood spilling from his skin as he hit the ground.

Keeping your distance from the enemy, Jotaro seemed to shoot his head in a direction with alarm written on his pale face. As you followed his eyes, you saw a large truck driving at an alarming rate right in your direction.

"Look out!"

(927 words) Thank you for reading! There's more, so continue on to the next chapter! (″ロ゛)