Chapter 42

"You know, you're really annoying," The man grumbled as you walked around the unfamiliar streets.

     "You're the one who's annoying," You responded.

     "Hah?! How am I annoying?!" He yelled.

     It was a little odd considering the only thing he could control was his mouth. His face was completely blank, but he was loud and angry when he spoke.

     "Don't you ever shut up?!" You asked, slapping him lightly in the face with his own hand.

     "Don't you ever say anything nice?!"

     "Wha-!"

     "Y/n!" You suddenly heard a familiar voice yell. You turned around, a grin already on your face, to see Jotaro running toward you.

     You left the man to stand there as sprinted in his direction. "Jotaro!" You exclaimed. Once you'd made it to him, his arms were open, and he embraced you immedietly. His body was warm, as always, and his scent was so calming.

     "Where have you been?" He asked, running his head down the back of your head repeatedly.

     "I was right! There was. Stand user, and I took him down!" You informed before you squeezed your face to his chest.

     "This guy?" He asked, referring to the man behind you.

     "Yeah," You answered, your voice muffled.

     "Yeah... well, your girlfriend is crazy as hell! Get her under control, man!" The man yelled at Jotaro.

     You pushed away from his chest and marched toward the man, Jotaro right behind you. "Jotaro, he definetly doesn't have any friends, right?!" You asked, pointing at him.

     "Yeah. He's got nothing to live for, that's for sure," Jotaro said, looking in disgust at the man. "You'd seriously target someone weaker than you alone? You're nothing but a coward."

     You nodded in agreement, your hands crossed in front of you.

     "Listen, man, I wouldn't say it's cowardess. It's a strategy. If I get rid of the omega, how much easier would it be to fight you?" He smirked. "Don't be so cocky. I've still got control over my Stand."

     "The omega has full control of your movements. You've already lost," Jotaro spat. He pulled out Star Platinum, looking down at the man with conete disgust. "And I have a new punching bag."

-

     "Y/n-Chan! Jotaro! You really need to stop running off!" Mr. Joestar nagged once you'd made it back to the other crusaders.

     "We've been looking for you two everywhere! We need to get to Edfu as soon as possible! I have somewhere I urgently need to be!" Polnareff complained his arms wide as if he was going to hug you.

     "You'd gone off on your own too, Polnareff!" Mr. Joestar exposed. He frowned at the old man and turned around, forgetting about the hug.

     It was a quick journey to Edfu, and the place Polnareff urgently needed to be was... a barber.

     You sat on a waiting bench next to Jotaro by the window of the building. Polnareff looked comfortable on the chair, his head resting on a soft pillow.

     "Polnareff, why did you bring a sword?" Jotaro asked, looking up from his book. You'd just noticed the odd object set against the chair.

     Polnareff chuckled. "I'm turning it in to the police. An enemy Stand user dropped it, so it's best not to leave it where anyone could find it," He explained. "But of course, you to two were too busy to know that."

     "I was busy with an old man!" You defended. "He was a Stand user too, you know!"

     "Yeah, yeah."

     You checked the exits of the building just in case. The barber looked nice enough, but you could never be sure.

     The appointment was taking a long time, and you had nothing to do, so you were beginning to feel a bit drowsy. You leaned your head against his arm, closing your eyes.

     Jotaro's book was resting in his lap, and his head was nodding as he slowly fell asleep. It was peaceful and nearly silent in the room, and Jotaro's scent was pleasing. When you lightly hugged his arm to your chest, he intertwined your fingers with his, his hand resting on top of yours as you both fell asleep.

(688 words) Thank you for reading! There's more, so continue on to the next chapter! (⏓ヮ⏓) Zzz...