Chapter 62

After practicing for a few minutes, she took the ball from your hands with a large smile. "It's time for the game to begin, girl!"

You nodded, gulping down your fear. She'd gotten you used to the game by now, and you understood how to get the ball into the net and how the game would work, but you were still terrified about actually playing against her.

She walked you back to where you'd first shoot the ball and stood silently as you readied yourself. Once you shot this ball, your soul was on the line.

Which... reminded you of something VERY important.

Your stressed position relaxed, and you turned to her with an annoyed expression. "Bet something before we start," You demanded. "How about, if I win, I can control you without any resistance for five minutes."

Her joyful and friendly face turned serious. "If you win," She agreed, motioning for you to shoot the ball. You turned away in annoyance and started at the net, your awkward and tense position returning instinctively.

If I win... You repeated in your mind.

Bringing the ball up the way you'd practiced, you aimed carefully at the center of the board, took a deep breath, and shot. Not to your surprise, it missed, hitting the backboard and bouncing back in another direction. However, you weren't fazed, and you quickly ran to retrieve the ball.

Just as you turned to shoot once more, D'arby's ball swooshed through the white net, drowning you in defeat. Shaking your head quickly, you returned to the starting point, looking at the net once more with worried eyes.

Curses rang through your head as you thought about losing these games and never returning to the team. Then, taking another deep breath, you shot again.

This time, it hit the center of the backboard with a bit too much force, causing the ball to bounce right back at you. You caught it quickly and immediately went to shoot. D'arby's ball followed yours, heading in the same direction. You both watched, ready to run, as they collided in the air, knocking off each other and flying in different directions.

You both sprinted for your balls, grabbing them and shooting them with a precise and quick aim, but neither made it. You scowled as you chased your ball once again. Turning to shoot, D'arby's ball was already falling through the net... again...

You growled automatically at your loss, rubbing the back of your head aggressively to get rid of the curses that continued to ring. "You can go first!" You grunted as you walked behind her, still rubbing the back of your head in annoyance.

She thought nothing of it as she saw and smelled your pure anger. As she aimed to shoot, you quickly shot out your mist, keeping your Stand hidden as you quietly wrapped the invisible fog around her pointer finger.

You knew how a ball was thrown, and you knew just the slight miss aim from this finger meant the ball wouldn't go in. Pointing where she couldn't see your hand, you prepared your attack. Smiling as she began to shoot, you very slightly pushed her finger to the right, and sure enough, the ball flew a bit too far to the right.

You didn't hesitate to shoot after her, aiming your ball at just the right point of the board, shooting it with just the right, and making it in with just the right amount of time to do so before D'arby.

You smiled at your victory, sure she couldn't have caught on to your strategy. You knew doing that wasn't admitting a loss, for there were no rules stating that you couldn't do what you'd done.

She scowled at you, her teeth showing as she stepped up to shoot again. You did the same, but this time slightly to the left, almost laughing at her agitated response to missing. You shot again, calculating the exact location and force you needed, just as you'd done the previous shot.

You made it, smiling again at your second victory. Although your way of winning wasn't the most honest, it felt so good to overpower someone for once. It felt amazing to be the one on the winning end. And it was you who was winning, not just your teammates.

She pushed you away from the starting line and aimed quickly, shooting within a second of looking at the basket. You didnt have enough time to position her finger, and the ball went straight into the net. She smiled and happily walked behind you as you gulped hard.

Did she find out?

D'arby didn't strike you as the kind of person to condone a strategy like yours.

Your hands shook as you held the ball up to aim. When you shot, you were very sure that the ball would not go in, and you were correct. In fact, it may have been worse than your first shot. It completely missed the backboard, flying to your right in a way that didn't seem possible.

She laughed before throwing the ball with ease, making it in like it was nothing. You sighed as you walked over to pick up the ball. It was only one loss out of three. You were okay.

Shooting just as she had before, you couldn't move her finger in time, scowling at her shots. It was another loss for you, making it two.

Damn it... You thought, thinking of what you should do. There wasn't much that could be done. You just had to calm down and play correctly. You had to quickly do it if you wanted a chance.

She attempted to do the same, but you jolted her finger to the right, the ball flying to the right edge of the backboard. She looked at it in confusion for less than a moment before realizing what exactly had happened.

She knew.

Turning to you, her friendly smile gone, she frowned in disgust at your nervous expression. Walking closer, you didn't know what to do. Could you fight her and win? Would you be able to control her? If she was this close to DIO, there's no way you were strong enough!

"You fucking bitch! You fucking cheater!" She screamed, stomping her feet like a child. "You cheated! You fucking cheated!"

She stopped walking toward you and pouted, visible tears in her eyes. All you could do was stand there and blink in confusion. "W-well..." You began, unsure of how to deal with this odd situation. "You didnt say we couldn't use our Stands..."

She gasped. "I didnt?!" You shook your head slowly. "I'm so sorry, girl! This is all my fault! You didnt know, and I didnt explain everything to you, and-!"

Suddenly, her mouth shut, a large smile appearing on your face. It was your doing, of course. Your grin hurt your cheeks so much, but you couldn't help it. She'd finally shut her mouth, and everything was so peaceful.

Slowly, you raised her arm, holding it in front of her shocked face. Her eyes were wide, her breath shallow and quick. Then, you hit her as hard as her arm could. It was quite hard, leaving a hard mark on her cheek. More than anything it made you glad to be on this side of the fight- The spectator's side, that is.

She began to cry, the tears getting her now bleeding knuckles as you continuously punched her pathetic face. Once her legs were shaking, you let her fall to the floor, giving her control once again. It was obvious she couldn't take a step toward you.

"Get me out of here," You demanded, satisfied with the mess you'd just made.

She grunted and groaned, but you eventually returned to the real streets of Cairo. People walked all around you, minding their own business like nothing had just happened. Well... To them, nothing had happened.

(1324 words) Thank you for reading! There's more, so continue on to the next chapter! ヾ( 'ー')シφ__