Chapter 31

As your lips parted, your tongues exiting the other's mouth, you both stared at each other for a comfortable moment. You loved seeing his wonderfully handsome face after a passionate kiss. He seemed so troubled by what had just happened. Although he was the one who initiated it, he looked so flustered.

"Do you get it now?" He asked, his warm breath gently blowing on your lips.

"Yeah," You answered, looking at his slightly parted lips. Just seeing them made your heart beat faster if that was possible at this point.

His arms stayed securely wrapped around you, holding you to him, while your arms loosely hung around his waist.

"I'd love a life like that," you quietly said, smiling st the thought of it. "A life bound to no one but you... I'd love that."

Jotaro lightly pecked your lips once more before dropping his arms and lifting his head.

"We should go back to the old man and Polnareff. We've been gone for a while," he said before turning and walking in the other direction, his hand finding yours on the way. He dragged you behind him suddenly, but it only took you a second to catch up to him.

"We've barely been gone for five minutes!" You whined, wanting to spend some more alone time with him.

-

"Y/n-Chan! Jotaro! Why do you keep disappearing?" Mr. Joestar nagged once you returned to them. You couldn't remain in eye contact with the old man, looking at the ground in embarrassment.

"She went for a walk without telling anyone, so I went to retrieve her," Jotaro explained. You nodded, confirming his statement.

Polnareff looked at you skeptically, of course. "Even at a time like this, love is sprouting between youths like you two," He commented. "I thought Jotaro's nasty personality would be a problem with Y/n's crazy temper, but it seems to be working fine."

"What's that supposed to mean?" You and Jotaro asked in unison.

Polnareff stared at you, a small smile formed on his lips. "You know, Y/n, you're actually-"

"It seems Avdol can recover quickly, but Kakyoin will be hospitalized for days. He may lose his sight," Mr. Joestar suddenly interrupted.

You all looked at him, now brought back to the reality of your situation. That's right. Kakyoin and Avdol required medical help for their horrible injuries, while you three were messing around.

You shut your mouths, immediately forgetting about the previous conversation to figure out your next step.

-

You'd decided to stop at a cafe for a drink. It had been a long day, so drinking something nice and cold would be quite refreshing.

Polnareff took his cigarette and flicked it onto the road. It pointed toward the Maxim cafe.

As you sat down, you took notice of your surroundings. The exits were clear, and the surrounding customers looked normal as far as you could tell.

The man who approached you was large, his hat tall on his odd face. "May I take your order?" He asked in a rough voice.

He looked, sounded, and acted politely, but something about him was off. It was the same feeling you'd gotten from the old hag at the hotel. She'd seemed so nice and generous, but you found her to be disgusting.

Jotaro saw the face you made at the man. He was confused by your reaction, but he decided to let it be.

"I'll... uh... have the tea," Polnareff said.

You looked at the Frenchman, deciding tea wasn't such a bad idea. "I will too," You told the man. He seemed to smile at your words.

"Same here," Jotaro declared, looking straight ahead at the table across from you. His lack of manners was quite annoying.

The skeptical man turned away, mumbling, "Right, four teas."

You frowned, not liking that response one bit. "Excuse me, sir!" You called out. He froze, waiting for you to continue. "Could I just have some water instead? A bottle from the fridge would be best. Oh, and dont open it. I'll have it straight from the fridge."

His face was hidden, but his lack of movement made him even more suspicious.

"Y/n may be right. The rest of us will take cokes," Mr. Joestar said, his hand to his chin as he thought. "We should stay away from tea or coffee. There could be a Stand user anywhere, so we'll need to be careful of poison," He said before turning back to the man. "We'll take three cokes and one water instead of the teas. Give us the third, fourth, and fifth can on the right. Don't open any of the drinks. Just give them right to us."

The man turned to face you, his expression in shock. "Coke?!"

"Yes," Jotaro answered. "Anything wrong?"

"N-No, Sir. Three cokes, it is," He stuttered as he headed for the fridge.

Mr. Joestar repeated his instructions to the man as he opened the door, but he was suddenly interrupted.

A customer was yelling about his coke being served warm. Mr. Joestar frowned at his comment.

The fridge was apparently busted, which made Mr. Joestar rethink his decision.

Polnareff went on about how little the possibility of there being a Stand user in that specific cafe was, and you listened with great interest.

"He's right, Mr. Hoestar. I dont see how the Stand user could've possibly known we would come here. Warm coke is no good so just get the tea," You said with a sigh.

Polnareff nodded, pointing at you with a grin on his face. "Y/n's said it, so it must be true, Mr. Joestar!"

"Those are good points." Mr. Joestar was in deep thought about the matter, but all your mind could think of was what Polnareff said. What made him come to such a conclusion??

"Well, if you're that worried, we'll just go to the cafe across the street," Polnareff said as you all stood.

You looked at the cafe, which was in flames...

Someone had thrown a cigarette into the street, which lit the building...

You all sat down silently, looking away from the building and back at the man.

"We'll take four teas," Mr. Joestar stated.

Once the drinks were finally on the table, Polnareff lined the edge of the cup with his finger, asking, "Y/n, why did you suggest getting something from the fridge if you were sure the Stand user couldn't have poisoned us?"

"Huh?" You looked up from the table, your mouth slightly open as you processed his question. "Oh, I just wanted water. He looks like someone who doesn't wash his hands, so I didn't want him touching the cap," You explained. "I like tea too."

(1066 words) Thank you for reading! There's more, so continue on to the next chapter! ┐(︶▽︶)┌