Chapter 63

"Y/n?!" Potato (literally an example...wtf...I'm keeping it as proof) called out. You turned your head at the sound of his relieving voice to see him running toward you. He was farther away than you'd thought when you heard him shout, but he had a strong voice, so it wasn't very surprising...

But that didnt matter.

You smiled at the sight of him, immediately running to meet him in the middle. You were so proud of yourself for dealing with an enemy alone, and you couldn't wait to tell him, but you were much more excited to be in his arms.

Suddenly... you were falling. The ground was directly in your view as you stumbled forward, the weight pressed against your back pushing you hard against the concrete. You heard Jotaro call out your name again, running faster toward you, but you were focused on the bloodied, disgusted face that glared down at you.

D'arby.

You gritted your teeth, trying to push yourself back up, but her foot planted itself on your back, holding you to the hard surface. She glanced at Jotaro as he sprinted toward you, but she didn't leave. She kept her ground, holding on the filthy street as she spat words at you.

"You filthy bitch! You said you'd play fair! You-! Gah!" She screamed. "How am I supposed to fix my face?! You've broken my nose! I've lost at least four teeth!"

You couldn't help but laugh, causing her to dig her heel further into your back. "You really work for DIO? You're acting like a toddler."

She gasped, taking much offense to that. "Seriously," She scoffed. "Is it so hard to get a break every once and a while to play a game? You have nothing to lose anyway! You probably don't even have a soul worth taking." She looked away in annoyance, her arms crossed.

You heard Jotaro's footsteps hitting the street as he finally came close to reaching you. His hat long gone, you grinned against the ground, your cheeks pressing hard onto the surface. "It looks like you have to go now, so would you please fuck off?" You asked politely, hiding the horrible pain your felt from her body weight on your back.

She looked up at Jotaro's deathly glare, his eyes like fire burning into her as she stumbled away, quickly retreating from the one-way battle shed begun.

Jotaro didn't chase after her, and he didnt hesitate to kneel down and help you off the ground. You didn't stand up, for you were a bit too tired to do that at the moment.

As he breathed out a long breath of air, he whispered your name, showing his relief that he'd gotten to you before anything else happened. He didn't seem to know what to say now that he'd finally reached you, so instead, he pulled you close to him, your head pressed against his chest.

You took in his pleasant, calming scent as your hands wrapped around his back. It was a long, silent moment, and it was what you needed after everything that'd just happened.

When he began to speak, you still hadn't left the warmth of his large arms. "We'll be staying in a hotel for the night," He informed. You nodded, still nuzzling your face in his chest. "Y/n... next time... let's just wait, okay?"

"Okay," You agreed, deciding to believe him. After all, he'd been right earlier when he originally told you to stay.

-

You met back at the beggar sidewalk where Mr. Joestar and Avdol were worriedly waiting for your return. "Jotaro! Y/n-Chan! Where have you two been?!" Mr. Joestar nagged the moment he saw you walking toward them.

Hasn't he said that before...?

You laughed nervously, rubbing your head with the hand that wasn't occupied by Jotaro's soft caresses. "W-well, we ran into an enemy... b-but it's all taken care of now, so we can go sleep."