Chapter 68

"What the hell happened?" He asked you, still holding you close to him as he closed his eyes, breathing in your scent just as much as you did.

     "You were gone," You mumbled into his chest, clutching his shirt tightly in case he tried to pull away. "My omega was dying... because you were gone for so long."

     He was silent, his breath now steady against your cherry-red ears. Color had finally returned to your skin, and now the embarrassment of being held in front of both your allies and your enemy was beginning to come to you. But you needed to be held at that moment.

     "Jotaro, you can't beat him up," You finally said. You were comfortable and safe in this position, but it was time to return to battle. After all, you only had a few days left to defeat DIO.

     "He's another D'arby sibling, and he already has his hands on my soul," You explained. Jotaro was silent, but you knew he understood.

     Soon enough, D'arby began to speak once again. "Well, now that you're all here, shall we get down to business?" He asked. Jotaro didn't bother turning to face him, and he kept his arms wrapped securely around you.

     He introduced himself and his dolls once more to the late guests before finally explaining the games. "I'd like to play against Kakyoin first," He announced, pointing at the redhead.

     "What?!" Mr. Joestar objected. "No! I'll be going first!"

     They argued back and forth for some time before Mr. Joestar finally gave in, sighing as Kakyoin sat down in front of a computer.

     "Y/n," Jotaro softly said in your ear, pausing a moment before continuing. "Can you stand yet? Do you need to rest any longer?"

     Tightening your grip on his shirt, you answered, "No."

     Carefully, he lifted his head and looked down at your petite figure, which was no longer shaking or too weak to move a muscle. You let go of his shirt despite how much you didn't want to leave his warm embrace, and you stood up with his sturdy help.

     Walking over to Kakyoin's computer, you looked at the screen in confusion. Was this a video game? It looked much different than how you'd imagined it.

     As you thought back to everything you'd learned on the subject, Jotaro pulled you close to him, his arms wrapped around you loosely from behind. It was reassuring and gentle just to feel him as you stood in this dangerous place.

     "Kakyoin, are you sure you want to go first?" Jotaro asked, worried for his friend's safety.

     He nodded, taking off his shaded glasses and placing them on the table. "You should be worrying about Y/n right now. She's all shaken up, so don't leave her alone for a while."

     Ah... That's right, Kakyoin doesn't know yet.

     "I'm perfectly fine, but if you insist on going first, focus as much as you can," You said, your words sounding useless, but you didn't exactly know what to say. "I mean, you've just come back, so I'd hate to see you leave again... even if it would just be until one of us won. And those dolls looked horrified, so-"

     "Y/n," Kakyoin suddenly interrupted. You shut your mouth quickly, quite glad he'd stopped you. "I'll be fine, so just focus on yourself. The real battle has yet to come, and you need to prepare. In the meantime, I'll be playing games."

     "D'arby," Jotaro growled st the enemy sitting across from Kakyoin. "If Kakyoin wins, you let go of Y/n's soul."

     D'arby nodded. "And if he loses, I gain his soul, correct?"

     "Yes," Kakyoin answered, his expression dark and competitive as he glared at the man.

     "Good."

(624 words) Thank you for reading! There's more, so continue on to the next chapter! o(〒﹏〒)o