...CHAPTER III...

~ My Hero ~

~ My Hero ~

A red bike whizzed past Emma and her brain ticked over until she remembered the many conversations her brother and his friends had been having lately.

'I wonder if that's the guy?'

She could definitely tell he had a presence by the way he drew the attention of the people on the side of the road, her also being one of those people. 'Red' was the name the boys had given him she recalled.

Speaking of, the boys were having a Toman meeting tonight that Takemichi had been invited to for the first time. After the awkward conversation she had with Hinata who was apparently the boy she tried to fool around withs girlfriend, she decided to leave by herself, not bothering to wait for Mikey or Draken.

She was a person who loved awkward situations for others, found them hilarious in fact. But when it came to her, that was another story. She couldn't stand it.

She sighed to herself, annoyed that her plan had failed miserably to make the boy she loved jealous. 'He didn't even care at all'.

She wondered if he ever would, and it hurt her heart to think that there was a massive possibility that he wouldn't. For the many years she has known him, he has never once shown romantic interest in her, and the worrying thought that he will only ever see her as 'Mikey's little sister' scares her.

But it's not like she's just going to give up, no, of course not. Draken was a one of a kind and she fell for him instantly on the day she had met him. That wasn't something she was just going to let go of.

Sometimes she would catch him looking at her, or worrying for her in a way that would make her think that he cared, but he would always say that he was just looking out for her as it is what Mikey would want.

And she believe him.

She crossed down her usual path but felt her heart skip a beat when she saw a group of guys approaching her.

She tried to speed up, but her shorter legs were no match for their long ones, and they soon blocked her path.

Up close she could see the disgusting smirks on their faces. They were big guys and they towered over her. She forced herself not to tremble in front of them, putting on a bored, yet irritated look.

"Well look what we have here." One of them grumbled as the others around him laughed.

"Can you please move? I'm just trying to get home." She asked with as much confidence as she could muster but her pleas fell on deaf ears.

The girl seemed familiar to the group of guys, and they soon found themselves wondering.

"Say, aren't you Mikey's little sister?" The guy's voice was awfully nasally, and she felt sick just looking at him with his bald head and unkempt beard. 'The one day I decide to walk home on my own. How could I be so stupid? Mikey's going to kill me if these guys don't do it themselves.'

They knew by her lack of response that she was in fact the invincible Mikey's younger sister and rubbed their hands together as they thought of ways to get back at him. After all, he had crushed their entire gang single handed just last week.

Emma's legs trembled knowing she was in deep shit, but her ears soon focused on the familiar rev of a bike she had heard just minutes ago. The same red bike from earlier whizzed past the group, screeching up ahead which caught all of their attention.

"Eh? who's that?" One of them asked, a high pitched yelp leaving his lips as the bike switched and started speeding dangerously toward them and their eyes widened in fear. The group panicked but Emma couldn't see what was going on until all the guys had fallen on their asses in fright right before her. The person on the bike had pulled a stoppie right in front of them which caused them all to freak out, some nearly shitting themselves.

"Get on." The rider commanded, and Emma, for what reason she didn't know, found herself obeying as she climbed onto the bike with the stranger. She wrapped her shaking arms around the guy's waist which she noted was smaller than she had anticipated.

She recognised the red and black designs painted on the bike as the ones she had seen Draken drawing just days ago, and she somehow just knew that she was safe with him.

"Oi! Who do you think you are?! You should watch where your-"

The rider ignored them as they pulled a fat burnout dangerously close to the group of assholes, causing them to once again fall back before speeding off down the road.

Emma dug her head into the her saviours back as her golden hair flew in tangles not having had the time to tie it up. She breathed in the scent of vanilla and something else, perhaps sandalwood? It had her swooning and she found herself relaxing more and more. She hugged tighter, worried that she might be killing the poor guy, but he never said a word.

They continued to drive for a while, until the rider finally decided to pull over, helping a nervous Emma off the bike. They were in front of a park, which looked beautiful as the sky was beginning to set above them.

"Thank you." The blonde shyly said, a blush evident on her cheeks as she did. Emma felt as if she were in some sort of shojo manga, having just been saved by her hero and now in a beautiful setting.

"Don't mention it."

Emma noticed that the guy's voice was a little more girlsh than she had expected, but still thought of it as husky. It was actually kind of sexy.

"I can't believe I was saved by Red!" Emma exclaimed as she took a step closer to the guy who took one back out of surprise.

"By... what?" The stranger asked.

"That's what people have been calling you." She exasperated as if this guy should already know.

"Oh really? Why?"

"Because your bike is red as my brother said, or whatever. I've heard you are the fastest rider around here! That's pretty cool you know." She was already feeling comfortable around him, and she ran her hands over the graphic stickers while the rider didn't really know what to do.

"Right..."

"Well? Do I get to see my saviour?" Emma's honey eyes sparkled as she waited for a response.

"Uhm, I don't really think that's a good idea-"

"Why not? Pretty please?" She begged as she clutched onto the stranger's arm who flinched slightly from the contact.

A sigh came from behind the helmet and Emma knew she had won. She watched intensely as the guy nervously took off their helmet and Emma's eyes widened in shock, her cheeks heating up as she realised the guy was not a guy at all.

Long dark locks flowed out in the wind as the helmet was removed, the small shake of her head making the scent of vanilla waffle through Emma's nose once again and her jaw hit the ground when they caught sight of intriguing lilac eyes.

"Oh my gosh! You're a girl?!"

~*~