...CHAPTER XXIV...

~ Christmas Conflict ~

In the morning, Draken woke Mikey, urgently telling him that they had to go. 

The sleepy blonde looked at Naoka's sleeping figure beside him and his eyes widened, cheeks turning pink as he recalled the events from last night. He couldn't stop the smile that tugged at his lips, and he couldn't help but brush a strand of hair from her face.

'She looks so beautiful, even when she sleeps.' He didn't want to leave her after what happened last night, fearing that she might think he's an asshole.

After they had fallen asleep last night, he woke up a little while later with her still fast asleep in his arms. He picked her up and carried her to his room, kicking everyone out and into the main house so that she could sleep peacefully. Once everyone left without a fuss and he lay her down, he climbed in next to her and ended up falling into dreamland once again.

"I don't want to leave her after last night Ken-chin." Mikey said so softly that Draken almost missed what he said.

"What happened last night-" Draken started, but suddenly flinched, catching Mikey's attention who turned to him confused.

"Huh?"

"Wait, did you two-"

"What?" Mikey asked still confused until he realised what the tattooed male was implying, and his eyes went wide. "No, No! No way! O- of course not!" He whisper shouted so that he wouldn't wake his sleeping beauty.

"Then come on! Let's go!" Draken whispered back harshly as he dragged a flustered Mikey away "Just leave her a text saying you had to go, I'm sure she will understand."

'But I don't wanna go.'

***

Naoka woke up alone on a bed she knew was not her own. It wasn't until her gaze fell to the dorayaki patterned blanket that she realised it was Mikey's. She remembered having fallen asleep outside with him, so she imagined he or someone must've carried her here.

She felt lonely and wondered if he left because he couldn't face her after what happened last night.

'Does he regret it?' She wondered.

The dark haired girl pulled her knees up to her chest, hugging them as she felt like an idiot. She knew she shouldn't have expected something to come from kissing him, but she let herself think it would anyway.

After all, he was someone she believed to be worthy of so much more than little old her. He had a gang to command, things to do. Why would he want to waste time running around with some girl like her?

A small buzz sounded from her phone, and she picked it up to see a message from Mikey.

When she opened it, she felt a little stupid for the way she had just been overthinking and a smile tugged at her lips as she fell back holding a pillow over her face to hide the blush.