...CHAPTER VIII...

~ Mr Steal Yo Girl ~

Draken and Mikey had made up thanks to help from Takemichi and there were now only two days before the festival at Musashi Shrine.

Emma had been dying to hang out with Naoka after having to bail on her the other day, so she texted her to meet up.

Naoka had already been driving near Emma's school, so agreed saying she would pick her up from there, not realising that it would cause a commotion. She really had no clue how popular she was, the mystery of her identity keeping people excited.

Mikey and Draken had been hanging out up in their class while they waited for the others to arrive.

Dark eyes looked out the window in boredom until they landed on that familiar red bike. His eyes went wide as he nearly fell out of his seat, rushing to the window as he captured Draken's attention.

"Ken-chin! Its Red! He's here at our school!" The shorter blonde said excitedly causing Draken to make his way over. They looked out. It was clear they were waiting for someone. Mikey was about to rush down to perhaps finally meet them, but what they saw next stopped them both.

"Is that... Emma?" Draken asked as his eyes furrowed in confusion and annoyance.

"Heh, no way?" Mikey said trying not to trigger Draken, but then in fact confirmed it was. "They know each other I guess?"

Draken's jaw clenched tightly as he watched Emma throw her head back in laughter.

"Friends?" Mikey suggested.

Then, Emma threw her arms around the rider and Draken nearly broke the desk from clutching it so tightly. He was not impressed.

It didn't take long for Emma to mount the bike, her arms wrapping around the riders waist before they took off down the road with the entire school watching them.

"Oh..." Mikey hummed as he struggled to hide his amusement at his pissed off friend's expression. "Well, that's what happens when you don't tell her how you feel." Mikey quipped, moving to sit back down in his chair as Draken ignored him. "At least we'll get to meet him now huh?"

"Aren't you the least bit worried that Emma just took off like that? Did she even tell you?" Draken asked trying to conceal his jealousy.

"Relax Ken-chin, Emma will be okay. She's not an idiot you know."

"Yo!" He heard a shout from below and his eyes snapped down to see Chifuyu and Baji who had just showed up outside. The dark haired boy was pointing in the direction Emma had taken off in with Red, a cheeky smirk on his face as he did.

"Mr steal yo girl!~" Baji yelled out to them from below the window and Draken felt himself get irked.

"Tch, Shut up!"

***

"So, did you want to come with me to the festival on August 3rd?" Emma quipped excitedly inviting Naoka who looked at her sheepishly. They had just arrived at a quiet park and were sitting down on a bench eating ice cream.

"Sorry Emma, but I can't go, I've already committed to something else." She scratched the back of her neck feeling a little guilty.

"Aw, are you already going with another boy?" Emma teased and the dark haired girl cocked her head in confusion.

"Huh? No, I've gotta finish working on my brother's bike. I'm waiting for parts that aren't meant to get to the shop until the 3rd."

"Ahhh, no way! I really wanted you to come." Emma pouted and the lilac eyed girl patted her head.

"Maybe another time." Naoka assured her. "Aren't you already going with that boy?" She asked and Emma shyly nodded.

"Yeah..." She blushed and the dark haired girl sent her a teasing look knowing that she really liked this boy.

"What was his name again? Drek? Drak?"

"Draken! And yes, I am but I wanted to introduce you to him." The blonde shook Naoka's arm in irritation that she wouldn't get to meet him.

"Why?"

"Because you two would get along, I just know it! He's one of the ones I was telling you about."

"Is he really?" Naoka asked confused, wondering if she might recognise him if they were to meet.

"Shit, my brothers calling, we're probably going to have to cut this visit short." She pouted sadly and Naoka chuckled.

"It's okay, we'll catch up soon."

***

When Emma arrived home, she found that Draken had decided to 'stay the night' at their place.

As soon as she walked through the door, she felt an arm slung over her shoulder and she deadpanned knowing that this action meant he wanted something.

"Heya little sis." Mikey's childish side came out as he leant all his weight on the shorter girl.

"What do you want, Mikey?"

"Who was that guy who picked you up from school today?" He asked raising his brows and Emma felt her cheeks warm. Draken's eyes were on her, and she couldn't tell what he was thinking. To her he looked as if he couldn't care less, but deep down, he was dying to find out.

So he could threaten the guy's life.

"I- I can't tell you." She said smiling sweetly at Mikey who had a pout on his face. "I know you want to know who they are, but..."

"Ah! Come on! Why not?" He pestered as he held her shoulders shaking her.

"Because they would like to keep that a secret and well, they saved me so I'm keeping that promise." Emma said carefully as she twirled her hair in her fingers. She knew how badly Mikey wanted to meet Red A.K.A. Naoka, but the dark haired girl simply wasn't ready. She knew one day though, it would happen, and she wondered if the two would get along.

She knew what Mikey was like around girls, in fact, she knew he couldn't care less. 'Maybe with Naoka it will be different' she thought. After all, Naoka wasn't your typical teenage girl.

"Wait, saved you? From what? What happened?" Draken asked, the boys suddenly turning serious, and she realised again, she had forgotten to tell them about that little incident.

"Oh..."

~*~