...CHAPTER XXX...

~ Break In ~

~ Break In ~

Draken, Mikey and Naoka had finally finished the new bike so they called Takemichi down to T's Workshop so they could present it to him.

He was overly grateful for it, and cried for what seemed like hours.

Mikey had said he did all the work himself which earned him two angry glares as he had actually done the least amount of work but he ignored them, still smiling as bright as ever.

Takemichi was a smart one though, because he caught on to this, knowing that it was probably Naoka who really pulled her weight. He also thanked her, and she told him it was no big deal but an honour.

He and Mikey decided to take it for a ride, and also teach him how to drive it so she was left with Draken.

"So big guy, think anymore about what I said?" Naoka asked siting beside Draken and the look on his face satisfied her.

"Big guy? Really?"

"I'm just teasing, don't dodge." She said nudging him and he sighed.

"Course I've thought about it..."

"Life's too short to wait around forever, wouldn't you rather spend as much time with the person you love?" She asked and judging by his reaction, she knew he knew she was right.

"Tch, you always have to make a good point don't you?"

"Well someone's gotta be your counsellor, after all, you're everyone else's." She quipped and a hearty laugh left his lips.

"True."

"You promise you'll do it when you're ready, yeah?" She asked looking at him with a seriousness in her eyes.

"Yeah, I will." He smiled warmly at her, pulling her into a surprising side hug which made her eyes widen but she soon relaxed and wrapped her arms around him. "You know, I'm really glad to have you around, Naoka." He admitted and she smiled warmly at his words. "I feel like you make all our lives a little bit brighter, not just Mikey's."

Draken had come to be one of her closest friends, he was almost like a brother to her now and they cared for each other deeply.

"I'm glad to be here too."

***

Naoka was currently at the workshop alone working on a customer's bike, but quickly became side-tracked by her one and only.

She was talking on the phone to Mikey laughing about a prank he had pulled on Baji when she heard the sound of glass smashing. She had thought it was only her imagination at first, but by the way her senses switched on, and further rustling, she knew there was something wrong.

"What's the matter?" Mikey asked having heard her side of the line go quiet and she bit her lip.

"I think someone's trying to break in." She whispered lowly and Mikey felt his heart skip a beat, worry instantly filling his cold self.