...CHAPTER XVII...

~ Bloody Halloween ~

Naoka spoke with Mikey and Draken about potentially coming along to watch the battle on October 31st but the two immediately shot her idea down.

"Absolutely not." They said in sync, and she raised a brow.

"Why not?"

"Because I- we can't risk anything happening to you." Mikey said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"But-"

"Plus, you're a girl. This is a 'no girls' war." He added and Naoka rolled her eyes.

"Come on-"

"You're not a member of Toman either." Mikey answered fast, and Naoka sighed, soon realising that he probably already had a whole list of answers prepared to give her.

He looked to the others, nodding for them to give him a minute with the lilac eyed girl and they all filed out. Takemichi rested a hand on her shoulder, the look he gave her spoke volumes, but she wasn't sure why yet.

"I just want to make sure you and Baji are-"

"I know, but this isn't your fight Red, we're going to figure this out." Mikey reassured her as he rested his hands on her shoulders. A deep sigh escaped her, and he lifted her chin to look at him.

A light blush tinted her cheeks as she wasn't used to Mikey being so touchy with her. Usually she was the one to always initiate things, but it was a nice change.

"You don't need to worry about Baji, I promise to bring him back-"

"Baji's not the only one I'm worried about, Mikey." She cut him off and he closed his mouth as he looked at her. "I'm worried about you too, all of you actually."

Taking a breath, she leaned forward, wrapping her arms around his neck in a secure hug and his eyes widened, cheeks turning pink.

"Please Mikey, make sure you come back safe." She whispered in his ear, and a shiver ran down his spine before he wrapped his arms around her, letting the scent of vanilla fill his sense.

"I will, we all will."

***

It was October 31st, and Naoka had never felt more worried in her life.

After her conversation with Mikey, Takemichi had pulled her aside asking to speak with her.

~ Flashback ~

"Fiasco? What's up?" She asked and the blondes jaw dropped in horror.

"Wait, you are seriously still calling me that? Come on!" He tried to get her to change her mind, his tears threatening to spill but she just smiled in amusement.