...CHAPTER XXXII...

~ Fired ~

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

~ Fired ~

"You're fired."

Mikey's unwavering voice rung out over the Musashi Shrine and it took a few minutes for people to register what was happening.

Yup, he had just fired their third division captain, just like that.

"M- Mikey? You can't be serious~" Kisaki started but the commander didn't even spare him a glance, his eyes focused ahead of him, his head raised high.

After Naoka explained about the incidents, it had taken everything in Mikey not to go and find Kisaki and rip him to pieces that night, and now it was taking that same strength not to kill him which was why he couldn't look at him.

He instead looked to Draken to explain.

"During the Christmas conflict, you tried to have Shiba Yuzuha kill her elder brother in order to save her other brother Shiba Hakkai." Draken's gaze fell to Kisaki, and though it looked composed, everyone could tell he was just about as pissed off as Mikey was. The two were close after all. "Naoka overheard your plans, and you also tried to have her killed, not once, but twice. The other time being in her place of work."

There were gasps from the crowd, people outraged at Kisaki's actions and Mikey's jaw tightened along with his fists as the memories from both those times replayed in his mind. He worried he may never get them out.

"I did it for you Mikey, she's making you soft! In this life you can't~"

"Being soft has nothing to do with it!"

"Caring for others, doesn't make you soft!"

Shouts from the crowd came to Mikey's support, and he couldn't be prouder of them.

"I already told you that you're fired. If you don't get out of my sight right now, I'll kill for what you did to my girl." Mikey warned him, and the terror and fear in Kisaki's eyes was evident though he tried to hide it.

Naoka stood beside Mikey, noticing the way he was getting tenser by the second. She reached for his large hand, holding it in her smaller one and he squeezed it gently for support. She was the only thing keeping him from lashing out right now.

Kisaki's gaze fell to their hands, then her face. He narrowed his eyes at her which Mikey caught, his own eyes narrowing harder as he pushed the lilac eyed girl behind him protectively while he glared at the ex-3rd division captain. A glare that could kill.

Unable to stop himself, Mikey launched himself at Kisaki who's eyes widened with fear, But his arm was caught by the vice commander who warned him to cool off. Mikey was struggling, he wanted to rip Kisaki's throat out just for that simple look he gave Naoka.

"Next time you come near any of us, I'll kill you!" Mikey seethed.

"Get the fuck out, now." Draken ordered, and reluctantly, he left along with Hanma and the others who chose to follow him.