...CHAPTER XXI...

~ Birthday Manipulation ~

Mikey hugged on to Naoka's waist as they sped down the motorway of Shibuya. Her vanilla scent filled his senses and his eyes fluttered closed as he rested his chin on her shoulder.

He was in pure bliss.

Her bike slowed as they neared their destination, and he couldn't help but think it was too soon. They were going to make a stop to visit someone very important before heading back to his place.

She pulled over in the empty parking lot, taking her helmet off before she looked to Mikey with a small smile.

The two held hands which had become a pretty normal thing for them lately as they walked up the path of the familiar cemetery. Both walked the same route which they knew like the back of their hand until they stood in front of the Sano family grave.

It was the first time they had visited Shinichiro together, yet it felt oddly comfortable.

The two sat down as they talked to him about the day they had with Emma, their other shenanigans they had been up to, and many other stories which had them in fits of giggles. Both had already told him about meeting each other quite some time ago, however they brought it up once again.

Mikey loved hearing the stories Naoka had of his big brother, just as she loved hearing his.

She even told Mikey about how she once asked Shinichiro to marry her when she got older, and how Wakasa straight up refused to give his blessing which made Mikey laugh at her embarrassment. He hadn't laughed like that in a very long time.

Just as they were about to leave, Mikey stopped causing her to look at him.

"Is everything okay?" She asked and he nodded.

"Yup, I just forgot something, wait for me by the bike, kay?" He asked with a closed eye smile, and she nodded before doing as he said.

He went back to his brother's grave, touching the tombstone as he smiled.

"You know big brother, I wish you had have introduced me to Naoka sooner. She's become such an important part of my life and I owe part of that to you." He said as he took a deep breath.

"I think, I'm in love with her."

***

The two ended up arriving back quite late at the Sano residence and were greeted with an angry and jealous blonde.

"What's up with you?" Mikey asked looking at her with furrowed brows while Naoka came to stand beside him. Tears pool in Emma's eyes and Mikey and Naoka looked at each other concerned before looking back to the shorter blonde.

"It was my birthday and I just wanted to spend time with Naoka!" She sniffled, moving forward as she latched onto the dark haired girl's arm and pushed Mikey to the side.