...CHAPTER XXXIV...

~ It feels like my world is ending ~

Mikey woke up in an unfamiliar room, confusion settling in rather quickly. It wasn't until he looked around properly that he realised he was in a hospital bed with Emma on one side and Takemichi on the other.

His memory flooded back with every single detail of what had only occurred about an hour ago and panic instantly took over him, startling the other two in the room who has been zoned out also thinking about the incident.

"Naoka! Naoka!" He called. Takemichi and Emma tried to calm him down, telling him that he needed rest, but he wasn't listening. Instead, he just kept asking where his girlfriend was until they gave in.

They took him to the waiting room where Naoka was having surgery behind the closed door. He saw Draken and Baji outside as well, both looking solemn and dejected.

Baji lost his shit the moment he lifted his head and saw the blonde in front of him. His anger which was directed at Mikey for not protecting her broke free, his fist meeting with Mikey's face.

"How could you let this happen?!" He gritted his teeth, yet Mikey remained still. he just stood there, and let the dark haired boy take out his anger, figuring he deserved every punch. He was right, he had let this happen to her.

Draken grabbed Baji's arm to stop the brutal blows and Takemichi was quick to assure everyone that it wasn't Mikey's fault, but the boy still took the blame.

"Naoka was just protecting Emma from Kisaki! She wouldn't want everyone blaming each other." Takemichi reasoned and that seemed to calm them all down a little and Mikey moved to sit down, his head in his hands as he struggled to fight back tears.

Emma sat in the corner crying and Draken took this moment to wrap his arms around her in comfort seeing as no one else could. The mere thought of Emma being in Naoka's position right now was something that scared the shit out of him, and the hug was more of a reassurance to himself too. He was so very grateful to Naoka for saving his love, but also devastated that she was hurt in her place.

Emma was surprised at first from the sudden affection from a guy who usually wasn't very affectionate, but she loved it, breaking down a little more in his embrace.

Mikey felt numb as the burning hatred set in. He wanted to kill Kisaki for repeatedly trying to take those closest to him, and he may now have succeeded with Naoka, the only girl he's even been in love with.

He felt bad, guilty. If he had never told her to come with him to meet her brother, then they wouldn't be in this mess right now.

He made his way outside, the walls of the hospital had started to feel suffocating, and he collapsed to his knees as he let all his emotions out. Tears streamed from his eyes, his throat burning as he hiccupped. He had never felt these feelings before, they were just too intense, and he didn't know what to do. He just wanted them to stop.