...CHAPTER XIX...

~ Finding the Truth ~

Baji hadn't seen Naoka since she drove him to the hospital and still hadn't apologised for lashing out at her.

He wasn't allowed to leave the hospital for a couple of weeks, even though he tried, and she also didn't come to visit him, though she had gotten him a present that Draken dropped off for her.

She had planned to see him but wasn't able to due to the shop being busy with her uncle away. But admittedly, she was a little nervous to see him for some reason. She still didn't know how he really felt towards her and if he really didn't want to be her friend, well that would hurt.

Apart from Mikey, Baji was the person she felt most comfortable with. Yeah, they got off to a rocky start initially, but they just clicked in a way that didn't always happen. He was a guy who was raw and real, and she admired that. Sure, he could be a little rough with her at times, but it just added to the depth of their friendship. She didn't want to lose that friendship either.

To her surprise, she got a text from him saying he was out of the hospital and wanted to meet up. So here she was, in the park he had texted her to meet.

"Nao." He called when he saw her long dark hair blowing in the wind. His heart sped up a little at the sight. He hadn't seen her in so long that he almost forgot how beautiful she was.

"Hey Baji." She called, and his heart fell a little at the use of his surname. "What did you want to talk about?"

He took a breath keeping himself composed.

"I didn't mean what I said back then. I do care about you, and I only said what I did to push you away because I didn't want you to get hurt. I'm sorry." He apologised.

"Yeah, you did hurt me." She said honestly and he felt guilt wash over him as his gaze fell to the floor.

A soft laugh left her lips she and tried to hold in and his eyes snapped to her in confusion.

"You've been a man about it though and apologised, to me so I forgive you." She said a warm smile tugging at her lips. "I'm just glad you still want to be friends."

"I do, and I promise I won't hurt you ever again." He said as a smile tugged at his own lips. He hadn't expected to get off so easily, but he wasn't going to take it for granted.

"Pinky promise?"

"What are you a child?" He asked incredulously and she just giggled knowing that he would do it anyway.

"What's wrong with children?"

"Oh? Do you want one? Because if you do, we can-"

"Alright! Enough kink boy." She said playfully rolling his eyes and he chuckled lightly as she lightly hit his shoulder. It seemed they were already back to their usual routine just like that.