...CHAPTER XXXVI...

~ I Knew ~

~ I Knew ~

"You're seriously lucky you're my little sister or I'd beat the shit out of you." Wakasa's voice had never been so scary and Naoka was awkwardly watching the ground as her brother continued to lecture her. "What the hell were you thinking running off like that after what happened to you?"

"I-"

"Nah uh, don't think you're going to weasel your way out of this one, I'm grounding you." He said causing her eyes to widen.

"What?! You can't ground me! You don't have the authority!" Naoka exasperated.

"Yes, I do. Watch me." He challenged her, eyes narrowed just as hard as hers while the others awkwardly watched the two siblings fight. Mikey wanted to say something but chose not to when Wakasa's lilac eyes sent him a warning glare which sat his ass right back down.

"Can't you just be grateful that she's alive and okay?" Senju chimed in without fear and Wakasa sighed in irritation as he chewed harshly on the lollipop stick that was hanging out of his mouth.

She had a point but still.

Naoka sent Senju a thankful look which she returned with a wink before squeezing her hand.

"What you did was really reckless, but I can't say I would have done any differently if I were in your position. Could you?" The green eyed girl asked as she turned to Wakasa who's gaze turned away from them both, almost as if he were embarrassed and Naoka raised a brow.

"Whatever just, come here." He said opening his arms and the smaller Imaushi sighed in relief stepping into her brothers warm embrace.

"I love you, idiot." He whispered so only she could hear, and a small giggle left her lips.

"Love you too, grumpy." She nuzzled into his chest while he closed his eyes taking a deep breath. His baby sister could really be a handful when she wanted to but god, he loved her. He had been so afraid when he heard that she was in hospital, then even more so when he heard she had left it, fear being the only thing on his mind until he finally laid eyes on her again.

Once they parted, Mikey stepped forward slipping his hand into his girlfriend's.

"I'm so sorry, for all of it. I take full responsibility for what happened to Naoka and I will forever-"

"Oi." Wakasa said cutting him off as a small chuckle left his lips. He wrapped his arm around the small blonde's shoulders and rubbed his head the way he used to when they were younger and Mikey pouted. "I know you will always do your best to protect my baby sis. There's no one I trust more with her than you, beside me of course." Wakasa said and Mikey smiled with pride.

"And me." Senju added and Naoka laughed moving to hug her bestfriend.

"I promise I will always protect her." Mikey said with a bow and the lilac eyed boy simply nodded.