...CHAPTER V...

~ Love at First Naoka ~

A cute second year girl had been anxiously awaiting a certain blonde boy to step out of his class, holding a neatly closed envelope in her hand as she did.

As soon as the bell rang, the boy emerged, next to him his most trusted friend as they made their way off the school grounds.

"Mikey-kun!" She shouted trying to catch his attention, but he appeared to ignore her which threw her off a little. 'Maybe he just didn't hear me?' Still, she was determined.

"Please accept this-"

"Sorry I'm busy." He said cutting the girl off as if she were nothing more than dust on his shoulder, he didn't even spare her a glance. He simply didn't care and continued like it had never happened, while his best pal gave him a disapproving look which he also ignored.

"The least you could do is let her down nicely. It takes a lot of courage to confess you know?" Draken scolded him but Mikey simply scoffed.

"I'm not so sure you would know, would you?" He taunted, giving his friend the side eye to see him flinch knowing exactly who and what he was referring to. "You don't want me to tell her now, do you?"

"Mikey-"

"Come on Ken-chin! I'm excited to get my new parts!" The shorter blonde beamed causing Draken to sigh in defeat as he changed the subject.

Everyone knew that the 'Invincible Mikey' never takes interest in any girls, even the sweetest, most kind and cute ones that are clearly into him. He just shuts them down like a store going out of business.

The pair were on their way to T's Workshop to get some new parts for Mikey's bike and not too long after, Baji and Chifuyu met up with them just outside.

"Why do you always do that? Why not give a girl a chance?" Draken asked, and Mikey gave him his signature closed eye smile. He felt like he had repeated the same story over and over again and he wondered why Draken wasn't getting it.

"I've got my friends and family, that's all I need." He shrugged.

"Yeah but-"

"I've said it before Ken-chin, none of them catch my attention. They're all the same, and no offence, kinda boring. I'm not into that, I need something interesting, something exciting, someone-"

Chifuyu opened the door and the others followed suit as they carried on their conversation. The minute they stepped into the workshop, it was like time slowed for Mikey.

"Oi! You were meant to take it out back! You're dripping oil everywhere!" A short dark haired girl scolded a man who appeared to be a lot older and taller than her, yet he obeyed her words quirking a small apology as he teased to rub oil on her.

It was definitely a strange thing to witness, a petite girl growling a buffed out adult, but amusing nonetheless.

"Someone like her?" Draken joked as he nudged Mikey, quirking an amused brow at the situation in front of them.