...CHAPTER XXII...

~ The Unexpected ~

~ The Unexpected ~

Takemichi was starting to regret his decision.

Both he and Naoka stood outside Musashi Shrine after a Toman gathering had taken place, and something unexpected had occurred.

Mikey was watching the two with narrowed eyes and Draken nudged him to snap him out of his weird funk.

"Oi, stare any harder and people will start to think you're crazy." The tattooed boy said as he mounted his bike while Mikey bit the inside of his cheeks.

"Since when were they so close anyway? What are they even talking about?" The shorter blonde asked leaning against Draken's bike which almost toppled over from the weight, but he managed to balance it out.

"Are you seriously jealous right now?" Draken smirked hearing the slight sass in his friend's tone. His mind thought back to the chat they had in Mikey's room the other night and he laughed internally seeing that his friend was most likely in love.

Why else would he get so jealous?

"I can't help it Ken-chin!" he whisper shouted, earning a few glances from the others and Draken's eyes widened surprised that he had admitted to it.

He wasn't in denial anymore.

"I can't believe Hanma's in the gang now." Naoka said and Takemichi agreed with a sigh. This was the last thing they had expected to happen. "Shit this is really bad."

"I think you were right. Maybe we should've just told Mikey?" Takemichi suggested, but the lilac eyed girl shook her head.

"No, it's okay, I think you were right. We need proof first. Now more than ever." She said and Takemichi nodded in agreement. "On the plus side, congrats on becoming the temporary captain of the first division." She said with a bit of pride, and Takemichi gave her a warm smile.

"Thanks, senpai!" He yelled wrapping his arms around her in a hug, and her eyes widened in surprise as the cry baby latched onto her.

"Jeez! You don't have to cry about it..." She said gently prying him from her body and he rubbed his eyes with a chuckle. "AND STOP CALLING ME SENPAI!"

Mikey had enough after watching Takemichi hug her, and he pushed off Draken's bike faster than a racehorse to go over to them while Draken nearly toppled over yet again.

"Tch, watch it!" He called but Mikey didn't even hear him.

"What's going on?" Mikey asked as he stood before his two friends with a false smile. Takemichi looked at him a little confused, wondering why he looked so happy yet was emitting such a dangerous aura.

He soon realised exactly why.

"We were just talking about the fact that I'm the temporary captain of the first division now!" He said with a nervous laugh while scratching the back of his neck. "Thank you again by the way." He said with a small bow and Mikey nodded.