Epilogue: Never Trust a Dragon

Sand skittered along the barren land with the howl of the wind. I sat on the highest sand dune, legs crossed, fingertips pressed together before my face. I bared my fangs with a smile.

Now the wheel was turning.

I'd spent so long sequestered inside that pathetic soul reaper's body but no more. Soon, it would be over. It should have been over a long time ago. The thought soured my good mood. That brat of a man, Aizen. Making me wait so goddamn long and then revealing we had a connection like some kind of fool. He should be grateful that I could improvise on the spot.

And the slight of almost killing me. That wasn't in the plan. A growl vibrated my throat, the air pulsating with pressure. I planned to make him answer for that slight.

No one got away with upsetting the Hollow Dragon.

A soft murmur of a very persistent Soul Reaper reached my ears. I scowled and stood, stretching out the kinks.

Kera believed Aizen had done something horrible to me and as long as I continued to feign all these dark emotions through our connection, she'd continue to believe. To trust in me. Blergh. Her worry and concern made me sick. No doubt she'll bombard me with questions and blabbering – she had that annoying habit of trying to fill a silence with her grating voice.

Whittling away my time in here did mean I'd be tortured by boredom but if I remembered correctly, the plan had regained its tracks. Soon, the other Espadas would show up to help me home along with the girl.

If you thought this was hard, Kera, just wait. It won't be long until you no longer exist. Long may the Queen reign.