Chapter 35.5: Time for Mr. Yoruichi's Voice to be Heard!

Yoruichi's POV

The arm flew towards me. I dodged nimbly, drawing closer towards the young adults. Blood poured from Jindanbo's stump. Stoically, he did not cry out into pain until the blood flow and the weight of the gate had become too much for his single arm.

He stumbled to his knees, the gate sliding down quickly to trap him in the position.

"What the hell did that guy do?" Uryu cried out.

They had all taken a step back from the gate. Except for Kera. She was head to toe in blood but her hard eyes were focused on Gin. Of all the people to encounter on our entrance and it had to be the captain of Squad 3.

"Golly. You can hold that gate up with just one arm. You sure are the soul society's strongest giant," said Gin, managing to admire the man he'd just accused and disfigured. "But as a gate keeper, you're a failure."

How careless of me! I cursed inwardly, gears moving quickly to find a solution. Someone of his calibre shouldn't have shown up but it seems my calculations were incorrect. I looked at the others. They had all grown much stronger but they would be no match for a company leader.

At all cost, fighting had to be avoided. I kept a close eye on Ichigo. He'd be the one to attack first.

I'd forgotten about Kera though.

The aura around her was dark blue, twisting and twirling like flames. Her eyes glowed glue amidst the bloodied paint.

"Kera, no!" I shouted but I was talking to empty air for she was gone.

Urahara had warned me at all costs to keep Kera from the fights until she had more control. She collided with Gin in a shower of sparks, his short zanpakuto blocking her monstrous sword.

He'd also warned to never let her use her sword unless she desperately needed to. Her spiritual pressure twisted demonically around her, the bitter texture of Hollow tainting it. Now all the Seireitei would know she was here and questioning why a Hollow had also surfaced.

Which meant soul reapers would be convening on this spot immediately.

The two fought viciously, Gin barely moving as he fought and Kera throwing herself at him with all her might.

"You're going down, Gin!" Kera shouted but it wasn't her voice.

Of course.

It wasn't Kera now but Chiya.

"Oh, it's been a while, hasn't it, Kera?" Gin taunted her. She fell for it with a roar.

Faster than eyes could see, Gin nicked her with the blade. Blood pooled from her side and she flash-stepped away. Hollow bone was already forming to seal the wound. She growled and attacked again.

"Quickly, Orihime, Chad, Uryu, Ichigo, you need to get out of here!" I commanded them but they were not moving. I lashed at their ankles with my claws. "Get back now!"

A scream rendered the air and Kera was bent over, nursing her left leg. Blood leaked through her clenched fingers and she raised a defiant stare at Gin as he stalked closer to her.

"Hey, jerkface, what the heck are you doing?!"

That's my line! What the heck are you doing, Ichigo?!

Now Ichigo stood just within the Seireitei, zanpakuto at the ready.

"Leave her alone."

"Ichigo, get back!" Kera screamed, herself once again. "His zanpakuto is not like the others."

"Of course it isn't," Gin answered her, pointing his zanpakuto at Ichigo, who stood a good thirty metres away. "A Captain's blade wouldn't be the same as one of his seat members." He slid his right foot back, drew the blade to his stomach and wrapped his left arm across to partially block the path.

"Skewer that punk, Shinso," Gin commanded.

"Ichigo!" I shouted.

Luckily he had the sense to block.

Gin's blade could not been seen as it travelled. There was a ting as the blade tip connected with the flat of Ichigo's zanpakuto. The force sent Ichigo flying backwards into Jindanbo, taking him clean out from under the gate.

I rushed backwards, chasing after Ichigo and Jindanbo. So did the others.

"The gate's coming down!" Uryu cried and I looked back to Gin peeking underneath the sliding wood, waving.

In behind him, Kera limped away quickly, disappearing into the shadows.

I gritted my teeth and rushed to Ichigo's side. There was nothing to be done for her now. As long as she stayed out of sight and stayed far away from her old squad, she'd be safe.