Chapter 36.5: Kenny's Not Going to Be Happy

Yachiru's POV 

I rounded the corner to see a manhole in the centre of the road sliding back into place. A shiver ran from my toes to my hairline before I rushed over to it. With no effort at all, I lifted it up and peered into the darkness. The torches did little to dispel the darkness and I strained my eyes to see down. There was a faint clack, clack, clack but there was no way to identify the sound.

"Put that back," said a loud, rough voice behind me.

Smiling sheepishly, I replaced the manhole covering and turned to face Kenny.

"Why were you looking into the sewers?" he questioned, green eye piercing in the torchlight around us.

I pouted. "Something moved it. I wanted to see what it was."

"What, you think the Ryoka who entered through the gate is stupid enough to hide underneath our feet?"

With an long exhale of air, I turned my attention away from the manhole and clambered up Kenny until I sat on his shoulder.

"We better get moving," I stated, pointing straight ahead. "Old man's going to be cranky again if we screw up."

Kenny laughed and took off running, a slow lope through the Seireitei. "Just don't get us lost again," he huffed.

I laughed in his ear. Then I remembered something important that I had to tell him. "Hey, Kenny, I forgot to tell you."

"Tell me what?" he replied gruffly.

"You know how we saw the gate being lifted up and then the ryoka got let in?" 

"Yeah?" 

"I felt something strange. It's really weird."

He stopped running and turned to look at me, silent, waiting for me to continue.

"I felt Kera's spiritual pressure."