Chapter 27: Soul Reaper? Hollow? Just what the hell am I?

A/N: My fellow readers, 

I am so VERY SORRY I haven't updated in almost two months! *cries* I'm so sorry! It has taken me forever to write this chapter and the chapter after this and at first, I couldn't figure out why it was taking me so long. It was supposed to be a relatively easy chapter compared to what has been going on lately. 

But no, sadly my brain was not having that. After the stress from uni exams and cramming so much information into my brain, I think it's dead. Well, the writing part of the brain (one of the hemispheres if I remember correctly) that is. 

I. Had. Writer's. Block. 

>.< 

Of all the things to happen! You think after all the exams my brain would be happy to be creative and continue writing. But it wasn't having it; I think the gloomy ending to that last exam made my brain feel ashamed of itself and as a result has retreated into the depths of my skull to live like a hermit and spit out occasional brilliant ideas every six months. 

*sigh* what am I going to do with you buddy? 

And after that long winded explanation, to put it simply - Writer's Block of Mega Proportions and a Hermit Brain.

*Rubs hands together* Now, back to the story at hand - hope you enjoy it, hit the little star in the top corner if you feel the need and (here comes shameless promoting) spread the word about this book to all your friends - inside and out of wattpad if you like - who love Bleach. 

Also don't hesitate to leave a comment of sorts, even if it is to point out I forgot a capital letter somewhere or words stuck together (yes, I still have that problem since i'm not using microsoft word). I love constructive criticism and comments just as much as I love seeing that star turn yellow in the corner - it really makes my day when I see a sort of proof that people are really enjoying my story ^_^ 

Now, read onwards!!! 

-------------------------

When I came to, I was lying on my back staring at the artificial ceiling above me. My limbs tingled, feeling returning to them, as my chest heaved up and down with each laboured breath. Then I rolled over and promptly threw up.

Relief flooded through me after I finished, wiping my mouth. I wasn't bringing up white liquid anymore, but actual bile. I held my aching head with a hand as I sat up, blinking in the harsh light.

Urahara stood before me, wiping at a splotch of blood on his cane. My gaze wandered away from him and around the area which looked as if a mini tornado had ripped through it. Broken shrubbery and splintered stones littered the ground, the sand a scuffed mess with innumerable footsteps in all directions. A small crack marred the flat earth, as if some object had punctured the earth with great force.

"What happened?" I croaked, coughing violently. "Did I beat back the Hollow?"

"Youdon't remember?" Urahara handed me a bottle of water.

"No,"I answered, brow furrowed. "There's a gap in my memories. I remember the hollowfication process, of drowning in white liquid,then nothing. But something obviously happened," I threw my gaze around again, "because this place is a mess and I feel like I've been sat on by a Hollow." I gulped down the lukewarm water, then crushed the plastic in a fist.

"Kera," Urahara said softly, folding his legs beneath him and sitting opposite me.

"Why do I feel like I'm not going to like this?" I groaned, rubbing my face. Then I noticed the colour of my sleeve. "Hey! I'm back in my uniform!" I cried happily. "It worked!"