Chapter 26.5: Controlled

??? POV

"Oh, you are so weak, Kera," I crowed, resting my flat of my blade against my shoulder. Urahara was breathing heavily before me; I decided to give him a good minutes rest before I would slaughter him. "It's only taken three minutes to almost completely devour your soul." I laughed, a lunatic's laugh, before launching myself at Urahara again.

He parried my blows as best as he could, but while I grew stronger by feeding off the breakdown of Kera's soul, he could only grow weaker. I wasn't even trying; it wouldn't be long before I had him begging me to slit open his neck.

You know, why wait? His begging would only hurt my ears, like his persistent voice and calling of Kera's name did. Didn't he know that she was gone, well and truly? She had stopped squirming and fighting for control a long time ago, instead sinking into an abyss of darkness and hate.

I didn't say she would die easily.

"You know what, Kisuke? I'm getting rather bored," I droned, inspecting my nails as I strode towards him. He held his cane up to stop my advance, but I merely kicked him in the gut, sending him spinning to the ground. "I'll eat your soul first, then that giant man in that hole, along with the carrot- topped boy. The little girl and boy can be my dessert for later."

He groaned as he tried to stand, the collar of his shirt shifting so that the back of his neck was bared to me. Smiling, cocking my head to the side, I raised my blade.

"Say your prayers," I sang, before I thrusted downwards.

Only, Kera voice rang in my ears and my arm jerked to the side, the blade sailing away. Kisuke's blood was not splattered all over me, all over the ground, all over my white blade.

My sword quivered in the ground to my right, planted upright, hilt glistening in the light. In my ears, I heard Kera screaming furiously, before my head was jerked backwards and my legs forced to walk away from Kisuke.

"Listen up, dragon," Kera sneered, her voice echoing in my ears. "You're the one who is weak. I didn't have to steal a body to do a job; all I needed was my zanpakuto. Now get lost!" With that, my right fist – no, hers now – smashed into my face repeatedly.

Screeching, I struggled to stop her with my left hand, but my whole body had frozen and I could only stand still as she punched and punched my face. It burned, it really did, because my mask was crumbling under the pressure, cracking. It hurt so much but I couldn't even open my mouth to scream anymore.

I felt her fingers hook in under the cracks, my left arm jerkily reaching to help her. With an almighty crack, my mask split into two and my head exploded into pain.

'No! What have you done?!' I screamed, only to realise that I had lost total control of the body.

Spinning uncontrollably, I dropped into oblivion, only to reawaken in the spirit world.

"KERA!" I screamed at the sky, but no matter how hard I tried, I could not reach back out to her body. 

A/N: 

I know, an update straight after an update? How usual! 

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, with a bit more insight into the blue dragon's thoughts and feelings. If you have any feedback about this chapter at all, don't hesitate to comment. I want to know what you are thinking or feeling and what you think I can improve on at the moment.  

Thanks :)