Chapter 18: Cousin?

"You!" the boy and I shouted. It was like I was staring into a mirror, besides the looks – his left hand was pointing in line with my right hand, our feet and body angled the same way. Hell, I bet even our faces held the same shocked expressions; I know mine did.

"You two know each other?" asked a girl with black hair, standing at the shoulder of Orihime.

Crap! So much for laying low! And how the hell does this boy know who I am? I only saw him through the window.

I had to come up with a plan and quick. When I didn't reply to the girl, she turned on the orange- haired boy.

"Ichigo, how do you know Orihime's new friend."

Ichigo... Ding, ding, ding! Idea time.

"Ichigo," I pouted, folding my arms over my chest. "How could you not tell them about me?"

"E- excuse me?" Ichigo looked thoroughly confused. His friends looked between the two of us; Rukia was studying me, so I turned my head to the side, biting the end of my thumb

"Didn't your father tell you I was coming to school here?" I said, turning to face him. I forced myself to cry slightly, which wasn't too hard if I thought about the soul society.

"Um.." Ichigo looked really confused now; he was staring at me like I was an idiot. I decided to milk it some more.

I started crying big, fat ugly tears. "How could you have forgotten about your cousin?!" I cried, before biting my bottom lip.

"Aw, don't cry, fair maiden!" cried a boy with brown hair, draping an arm over my shoulder. "One such as beautiful as you can never be forgotten. Ichigo is just hopeless at remembering people."

I resisted the urge to punch the guy in the face; he reminded me a lot of Ikkaku, albeit a lot stranger. And with hair.

"Keigo!" Ichigo shouted, throwing a book at his face. "I haven't forgotten. Old goat face just never told me that my cousin was coming to school here now." I could tell he didn't buy it, but he had to go along with it for now; he had no choice.

"Well," I said, stopping the water works and wiping a tear from my eye, "I'm Kera, Ichigo's older cousin."

"Whoa!" Keigo shouted, unwrapping his arm. "I didn't know you were a senior."

"It's true," Orihime added. "I helped her find the office then we had to split. That's why I invited her to sit with us at lunch when she did get out, so she would have some friends."

"Well, Ichigo's older cousin," said the girl with black hair, patting me on the back. "I'm Tatsuki ."

"Nice to meet you," I said, bowing. Soon, everyone was introducing themselves.

"I'm Mizuiro," said a short boy with black hair. He held out his hand for me to shake and I did so hesitantly.

"You better watch him," Keigo suddenly whispered in my ear, making me jump. "He has a thing for older woman."

I turned to glare at him. "And you obviously have a thing for all types of woman." He beamed at me before Mizuiro started getting up him.

"I'm Chizuru," said a girl with red- brown hair and red rimmed glasses. She squeezed me into a tight hug before Tatsuki got her in a head lock. 

"I'm Mahana! So, how long have you been in town? How come we've never heard of you?" a brown, curly haired girl gushed, moving around me. It was unnerving. 

"Uh." I couldn't get a reply in as she kept throwing questions at me. 

"Mahana, calm down," said a small girl with brown hair, eyes squeezed shut as she tried to hold back the other. "I think you're frightening her!"