Disrespect

After the hearing with the board of elders, Eden spent about a month at her home pack just to get all of her affairs in order and really to steel herself up for life as a luna in another pack and life as an unexpected stepmother. She still couldn't quite wrap her head around Brooklyn's existence, but she was going to at least try. After all she did choose to go back of her own free will.

"Edee, are you ready?"

Looking up from her drawing board she nods.

"In a minute dad."

Once a week or so had gone by Bentley tried his hardest to apologize and explain his choices and decision to Eden, but unfortunately the damage was already done. They've gotten to a point of cordial speaking without the look of unadulterated disgust from Eden, but she will never look at him the same way again.

"Hi bab-! Ooohh so you liked it, mama?!"

Clapping gleefully, Elise runs her hand along the soft Egyptian cotton of the blue, red, and white three quarter length T-shirt top of the sports romper jean skirt set she tailored for Eden.

"Like it?! Ma this is beyond dope! You'd have to be crazy to think I wouldn't rock this!"

"Ya mama be hookin some clothes up don't I?!"

"You do a lil suntin-suntin! I saw it on my suitcase this morning and was like 'oh that is flavors!' So you know I had to represent for my mama!"

"I'm going to miss you so much! Like, more than last time cause you came back, and I'm expecting you to stay this time." Poking her trembling lip out, Elise begins fanning her eyes. Her flawless chestnut curls falling into her face as she sits on Eden's bed.

"Maaaa! Don't cry! Cause then I will...again! I already was a crying mess with Lily. I can't be a mess with you too!"

Climbing onto her mother's lap, Eden kisses her forehead. 

"Gosh I'll never get tired of you being my first baby. Never ever."

Twirling her fingers in Eden's luscious thick spiral curls, Elise smiles at her and wipes away a stray tear.

"C'mon perfect girl, before I don't let them take you."

Clasping hands they walk down their grand dual staircase into the pristine foyer.

"OK, my little honey doll. Be good and you can come home as much as you need to. You hear me?"

"Of course." Kissing and hugging her mother one last time, she gives her father a half hug.

"Bye dad."

"Not bye, see you later Edee."

"Mm, right."

Waving, she enters the same limousine that picked her up over a month and a half ago to go back to the source of her disappointment and sadness.

"Hey beautiful, nice to see you again Luna."

"Hi, Mr.Gary. Nice to see you as well."

As the door closes, Eden drowns her attention in finishing a couple of sketches.

"We're here, Ms.Eden." 

"Thank you, Mr.Gary."

Grabbing her purse, Eden steps out of the car and to her surprise, Rome is standing right there at the grand fountain of the driveway, welcoming her. He looks absolutely scrumptious in the tight white tank top with a blue flannel tied around his waist, acid wash jeans, and blue and white designer logo sneakers. His chiseled chest, sculpted arms, and long legs all are accentuated in the fitted clothing. And his thick neck is adorned in sparkling diamond and gold necklaces. Not to mention he looks like he just got his hair cut and lined up.