Hands to Themselves

Inspired by "Re'Lxuise" by Elhae

After returning from the job that Eden felt would be her downfall, it turned out to just be a simple corrective fix that her extremely creative brain was able to use to her benefit. Kicking off her rain boots at the foyer, she walks into her large spacious living room to find Rome knocked out; with a passed out Cairo laying on his chest and an equally passed out Brooklyn cuddled into his side. Taking out her phone, she quietly takes a picture of the three in such an adorably candid moment.

Using her stealth and agility she takes each baby one by one and comfortably puts them in their expensive plush crib and bed. Kissing them each a million times, at least, she makes her way back into her colorfully decorated family friendly living room. Gently stroking Rome's face, she waits for him to begin to stir.

"Rome?" Whispering softly, she smiles as he responds with a gentle smile in his sleep at the tender call of his name. "Rome?"

"Hmm?" Rubbing his eyes, he reminds her of a sleepy Cairo after naptime. "Mmm, yeah?" He stretches.

"You fell asleep."

"Yeah, I did. I'm sorry."

"It's ok. I understand those two are draining. If I could bottle up their energy I'd never need sleep!" Laughing, Eden begins cleaning up the dystopian toy wasteland all over the floor.

"Oh let me help you."

Sitting up, Rome halts his movements as Eden waves her hand and shakes her head to stop him.

"Trust me you've really helped enough."

"You really are welcome. Uhh, but I'm gonna get ready to head home. It's still pretty nasty out there."

Looking out the stunning all glass 360 degree view bay windows, Rome watches the magnificent natural light show in the form of a thunder and lightning storm. All the while the rain drops blister the windows in large heavy droplets.

"Yeah it's super nasty out. Might even flood. You hungry?" Peeking at him from in front of her double doored, glass, smart refrigerator, Eden waits for his answer.

"E, you had him all day, went to work in this nasty ass weather, and will have their wild asses when they wake up tomorrow morning. You don't have to cook for me."

"Be that as it may, you didn't answer my question, are you hungry?!" She laughs.

"I will never turn down a chance to eat food made by you! So yes I am hungry!" Laughing he walks into the beautiful gold, lilac, and white marble tiled kitchen. "What you got up your sleeve?"

"Uhhh, roasted lamb shank, roasted purple potatoes, broccoli, and mac and cheese."

"Hell no, Eden! I can't let you make that after you worked."

"Well it's what I want. The babies love it, so it's not a problem. Plus you can just stay the night." Grabbing the ingredients she realizes what she just invited him to do. "I, uh, cause it might flood so it's not safe. But you don't have to."

"Nah, I think that's a good idea. Cause of the storm and possibly you losing power too."

"Yeah that too."

Nodding at each other awkwardly, Eden begins washing and prepping the food. Watching her cook, Rome is absolutely mesmerized by how easily everything seems to come to her. She just floats gracefully through the kitchen like being a mother and housewife are second nature to her.