Separate Ways

Feeling a tap on her shoulder, Eden turns away from the back curtain. 

"A delivery for the Luna."

Smiling, the delivery men begin surrounding her with enormous bouquets  of flowers. Eden stands in the middle like the queen bee; all the while the crowd cheers and awes. Crouching down she gently touches the brightly colored assortments of roses, tiger lilies, daffodils, chrysanthemum, peonies, and daisies. Giggling as her eyes fill with happy tears, Eden looks over to the generous gifter.

 However when Rome's look of surprise matches hers, her heart shatters at the thought that for once he did something selfless. That for once he pulled off a grand gesture of romance. For once he surprised her with something that wasn't sexually motivated. That for once he put her need for affection and romance first and surprised her. That he was truly sorry and wanted to show her just how much. But with that one look he tosses all of those hopes out of the window. 

Quickly inhaling deeply, Eden wrangles in her emotions and looks for a note. And in horrible handwriting it simply says:

"Lil Luna, 
We really are sorry!
Love Nee, JJ, and Domino."

"EDEE!"

Looking up at her nickname being called, she sees them standing in the front row with a huge 'sorry' sign. Smiling from ear to ear she laughs and blows them a kiss. But becoming swallowed by that wave of emotions, she quickly walks off the stage and finds the nearest bathroom. Locking herself inside, she cries hysterically. Sliding down the door, she just sits on the floor.

"E? Mama? Can I please come in?" 

Unlocking the door, she falls into her mother's arms.

"Aww, baby?! What's wrong?!"

Seeing her daughter so emotional truly shreds Elise's heart. She knew Eden was hurt and emotional over she and Rome's situation, but she didn't know it was this bad. Not by a long shot.

"I-. I was so stupid to think he did it, mommy." She whispers in between hiccups.

"No mama, that's not stupidity. Not at all. That's called hope. That's called faith. And to have hope and faith in someone you love isn't stupid at all." 

As her tear ladened eyes meet her mother's, Elise smiles.

"I knew it, baby. I knew it from the time your crazy little ass told me he got you so mad you slept outside, that you had fallen for him. It started off as a physical thing for you, but unbeknownst to you that heart was blossoming like those flowers out there. And before you knew it you were falling in love with him. But now he's hurt you and you feel like you can't say anything because you never expressed how deeply you feel for him. And you feel like you can't say anything because it will make you look weak. But love isn't what makes you weak, Edee. Being able to trust and love is what makes you strong, baby."

"H-how mommy?! I feel so weak and like a damn crybaby over him!"

"No baby, ain't nothing stronger than being able to love wholeheartedly and know you may get your ass kicked, emotionally. Knowing you may get knocked down, emotionally. Knowing the feeling may not be reciprocated, but you're going to give your all! That's true strength. That in spite of all of that you fix that crown on your head and no matter the outcome you hold your head high knowing your love was true, pure, and came from the heart. You keep going, Eden Marley Lightfoot, and that mama shows true strength!"

Hearing her mother say that so eloquently just floods her and all she can do is cry. Because for so long she thought she was strong for hiding her feelings, but now feeling her feelings alone is making her feel weak and vulnerable. Two feelings she never thought she'd ever feel. Holding onto her mother, Eden just sits quietly with her.