Into Eternal Darkness

With the help of Sage, she weaves a net of vines using her manipulation of the forest vines. Thus Legend and the warriors are able to rush Nile to the pack hospital. The entire time, Legend whimpers in utter fear of how Nile and Britain are holding up.

Not only is Nile the first and only she-wolf that he's ever seen shift while pregnant, she is the only she-wolf he's ever seen almost at her due date. And definitely worth mentioning the fact that she was slammed into a tree. While shifted. While pregnant. So Rome's human mind is running a mile a minute and Legend's wolf heart is shattering, feeling his connection to Nile become more and more faint.

Finally getting her set up in the main operating room, the pack doctors get to work right away, but again no one has ever operated on a shifted pregnant wolf. As her family huddles in the waiting room, Rome emerges dressed and is immediately pulled into a group hug.

As they all weep and express their concern for Eden and the baby, nothing makes Rome feel better. And how can he? His wife and daughter are in critical condition, Jay died during the battle, and Dom is also in critical condition. As well as his father is currently in surgery, and Rome has yet to be able to check on his wounded pack members. So yes they may have won the battle against Ty, but possibly losing all their loved ones is the true war.

As his anxiety gets the worst of him, Rome paces up and down the waiting room hallways. If it wasn't polished imported marble, he definitely would have worn a hole in the floor with his incessant movements. But he literally can not stay still. Not with the adrenaline pumping through his veins.

"Daddy, where momma? She dropped-ed me and Bubbie off, but now she dis-parreared. Where she go?"

As he stares into Brooklyn's denim blue eyes and her little bottom lip trembles in concern for Eden, Rome bursts into tears. Picking her up, the two just hold each other and cry

"It-. It's gonna be ok, Brookie. Momma is gonna be ok. Alright?"

Struggling through his tears, Rome tries to comfort her the best he can.

"Alpha?!"

Hearing his title be called out, Rome pivots quickly with Brooklyn still in his arms and trots towards the doctor.

"How-? How are they?!"

"We stopped the bleeding. Um-. Britain came early, but she's a fighter, she's doing great, sir!"

"Thank the moon goddess!" The entire family praises being that they joined Rome and the doctor.

"And Eden?!"

"She had a great deal of trauma. Um-. From the shifting while pregnant, then the impact, and um-." Looking at Rome sketically the doctor gulps.

"What?!" He growls.

"We had to inject the luna with a small dose of wolfsbane to force her to shift back to her human form so that we could operate on her."

"You gave her the wolfsbane?! And before or after Brit was out?!" Squinting at the doctor, Rome prays he says after.

"Of course after, alpha. And only just enough to force Nile to give over control to Eden. Umm, also we struggled to control the bleeding in the cesarean section."

"So what happened?" Rome grits out as his eyes flash their dual platinum and amethyst.

"Well we finally got it to cease with many layers of sutures. So therefore, luna may have a lot of scar tissue."

"Ok and? Just spit it out already!"

Losing his patience for the doctor's flare for dramatic pauses, Rome is on edge.