The Main Event

Watching her sashay into the small cafe, he knows the plan has to go off without a hitch. The meeting has to be flawless and natural. Not staged or awkward. He has no other chance and he knows it. If his ultimate plan is to be a success all the little pieces have to go smoothly. 

Looking both ways, he quickly trotts across the street into the small cafe. Opening the door the little tinkle of the bell causes Brooklyn's head to whip in that direction. Immediately Twilight is on guard, therefore she is too. As she makes eye contact with him, the little hairs on the back of her neck bristle up.

"Mommy, I'na go. Pwease?" Tugging at her hand, Brooklyn's pleas go unacknowledged.

"Stop. You said you wanted a pink donut, so that's what I'm getting you. I waited in line all this time, so that's what you're gonna get."

"I no wants it no more. Pwease we go?" 

As her big blue eyes ping pong back and forth between her mother and the man smiling at her from the back of the line, Brooklyn is completely on edge.

"What is wrong with you today? I swear it's cause of that Eden bitch always spoiling and babying you." Mumbling to herself, Blake rolls her eyes at the very mention of Eden's name. "Your father could do sooo much better. And by better I mean me. If his dumb ass would open his eyes."

Zoning in on her mumbled self ranting, the sly wolf smiles even wider as he realizes that is exactly the right person he has been looking for. Having settled in this mundane human community over four months ago, it was like looking for a needle in a haystack. But his luck changed when he saw Rome dropping off Brooklyn to her mother. 

Knowing Rome rarely ever ventured into human territories, he knew he would have to take the opportunity to research just who the beautiful little blonde was that he was entrusting his almost secret daughter to. Finding out she was a human made the scored information that much sweeter. But finding out she was a woman scorned was the cherry on top. 

Charmingly skipping the people in line to end up behind Blake and Brooklyn, he makes his move to begin his masterminded plan.

"Excuse me, miss. I think you dropped this?"

Turning around, Blake sees the folded money in the beyond gorgeous man's hand.

"Oh no, I don't have any cash on me. I guess it's your lucky day. That's all yours!" 

Smiling alluringly, she flutters her long eyelashes at him. 

"Here, let the princess have it."

Extending the folded $20 to Brooklyn, she shakes her head 'no'.

"No. Daddy and mommy Edee says no speak to stwangers."

"Well daddy and her aren't here. You're with your real mommy and the nice man is handing you something, Brook."

"No." Shaking her head, Brooklyn slyly bares her newly pointed canines at the mystery man. Her pretty little nose wrinkling just like the wolf pup inside of her.

 Her pretty little nose wrinkling just like the wolf pup inside of her