When

After walking out on Rome, Eden realizes she is just trying to convince herself that it's better not to be mated to Rome. But the real reason that she comes face to face with is the hard reality that she's in love with him, but she's scared. She's petrified actually.

 Petrified that he'll cheat again. Petrified that she'll have to be one hundred percent vulnerable, even when she doesn't want to be. And mostly petrified that she can't run when the issues get tough. She'll be expected to stay and work it out because well he's her mate and she has nowhere to hide that he won't be able to tap into and find her.

Coming to that realization scares her more than she'll ever be able to express in words. So rather than have to express it, she finds herself keeping busy with the slain she-wolf mystery and work. All while avoiding Rome like the black plague for the next month and a half. She even gets a helping hand from the universe. When Winter finally calls her back and informs Eden that she and Marguerite will be free to finally come take a look at the suspected black magic tampering.

At the pack house, Eden goes over the plan with Rome briefly.

"So you gonna get her from the airport and then what?"

"For the third time, Rome. Bring them to the morgue to look at the body. Please pay attention."

Shaking her head in annoyance, Eden is dumbfounded when Rome just smiles at her.

"I'm sorry it's just so hard to concentrate while staring at my beautiful mate. After she's been ghostin me for a full month and a half."

Watching her shift her weight awkwardly and softly smile at the ground, Rome smiles fully as Legend pants happily.

"I've missed you, E."

"Rome?" She sighs warningly.

"I'm just sayin I do a lot. But I'll, uh, round everyone up and tell them to meet here."

"Thank you."

Reaching out, Rome cups her cheek and kisses her softly. 

"I'll be right here waiting for you."

Not giving her a second to answer, Rome walks out of the kitchen with Cairo in his arms. Blowing raspberries in exasperation, Eden is highly aware of the double entendre that Rome just left floating in the air. Saying he'll be waiting for her, she knows he means literally when she gets back from the airport and figuratively when she finally comes to terms with their mated situation and takes him back. But she truly doesn't want to deal with that, so she makes her way to the airport.

Running over to Winter, Eden embraces her.

"Heeeeyyy booo!"

"Hi my Edee! Gosh I've missed this energy! You look beautiful, mama!" 

Playing in Eden's beautiful natural curls, Winter smiles at her.