Chapter 16

Alana's pov
Dave,Jordyn,and their kids finally arrived.and of course,Dave brought a grill.he somehow got permission to grill on the beach,so he decided to do a little barbecue.I sat on my towel,reading the book I brought with me(Into the Wild).I was also listening along to the soundtrack of the movie,Eddie Vedder truly is a great musician."hey Lana,can you watch Scarlett for a minute?"Pat asked,placing his daughter Scarlett in front of me."oh!sure Pat,it's technically my job."i said,closing my book."thanks a million Alana,I owe you."he said,then he walked off."when will food be ready Alana?"Scarlett immediately asked me,"it should be done soon."I assured her."wanna swim with me?"she asked,I nervously looked at the water.

Then I looked at Scarlett,who was smiling happily.I sighed,"ok,but you're gonna have to hold my hand."i said.she giggled,I smiled.I took off my glasses and placed it down on top of my book,everything was immediately blurry.I felt little fingers grabbing my hand,so I immediately knew that it was Scarlett."come on Alana let's swim!"she said,she giggled as she led me to the water.

Chris' pov
Dave was talking to Jordyn,Taylor was talking to Allison,Nate was talking to Kate,and Pat was talking to Jenna.so i was chatting with Rami and Christine,since we don't talk to each other that much.Violet and Rebecca were reading,Harper was making sandcastles with Oliver Shane and Annabelle,and my boys were looking for seashells."hey where's Scarlett?"Rami asked,"I think Alana's watching her."Christine replied.I spotted them going near the water,"is Alana wearing her glasses?"I asked as I squinted my eyes a bit."it doesn't look like it,"Rami replied,putting down his sunglasses a bit."can she swim without them?"Christine asked,Rami and I shrugged."it's better if we don't find out."I replied,Rami nodded in agreement.