Patreon teaser #3

Bonus chapter about Sophie and Avni.

If you haven't checked out Inconvenient Attachment, I humbly recommend it.

"How was the flight?"

"It was a nightmare, Colby." Sophie whined into the phone. She lay down on the hotel room's bed. It was so nice to not be strapped in a chair anymore. "So, we took off from New York after we spent the weekend visiting Brent and Finley there. The flight was supposed to take around nine hours. We were about five hours into the flight when they suddenly announce over the intercom that they have to turn around because they forgot some important paperwork, that without it we wouldn't be able to land."

"Shit, no way!"

"It was so frustrating. I'm not a big fan of flying, but I was okay by that point because in my head I was thinking 'well we're over halfway there'. Every person on the plane was so annoyed, but there just wasn't a point in complaining, you know? Obviously, I've contacted the airline and I'm going to get some sort of compensation through that, but on the plane there was no point."

"I bet someone through a fit though."

"Oh, that's putting it lightly. Everyone else was too tired, too frustrated to start something, except for this middle aged couple at the front. The wife goes off on this poor stewardess who looked just as annoyed about having to go back as we did. The stewardess is apologising for the mistake, saying that everyone is going to get complimentary food and drink."

"Did you get any food and drink?"

"They gave us a cold piece of bread and a tiny bottle of water."

"Oh my god."

"Anyway, so the wife starts screaming about anything she can. All of a sudden, her seat isn't good enough and she want to be in first class and she wants the stewardess to get fired for saying taht she can't do it. Then the husband starts banging on his seat, chanting about how they and only they deserve an upgrade to first class. Other stewards come over and tell them to calm down and they'll see what they can do. They carried on screaming and complaining for the full five hour flight back. Avni had been asleep on my shoulder before those assholes started making a scene. I was hoping she'd be able to sleep the entire time and not even notice that we had to go back. Nope, those assholes woke her up and some of the babies on the flight, so now there were babies crying. It was awful."

"Sounds awful. Was it a quick turn around once you got back to the airport?"

"Nope. The assholes from before were kicked off the plane after the woman tried to get slap one of the stewards who told her to calm down. It took enough hour as airport security got on the plane and struggled to get the couple off. After that, we had to refuel then it was nine hours to Athens. Thing is we were supposed to arrive in the evening, grab some dinner with a friend Avni has here then head to bed, but now it's the afternoon and we have to remake our plans. Avni's friend is at work now and isn't free this evening, so it's just going to be me and her now."

"Doesn't sound too bad." He said. "You probably wouldn't have wanted to be social after a nine hour flight anyway."

"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Avni's disappointed though. I'm sure we'll see her friend before we go though."

"How long are you staying in Athens?"

"Just for the week. We're doing a few day trips to see Delphi and Mycenae. Then it's off to Mykonos for a few days, then off to Rome."

Colby sighed wistfully over the phone. "Wow, it sounds amazing. Ezra and I are thinking of travelling, but that'll probably have to be after we both finish college, but he's studying medicine which is literally the longest course you can possible take."

"Is he enjoying it?" She asked.

"Oh, he loves it. We were having sex and he just randomly pointed at my body and told me that some whatdoyoucallit muscle of mine is looking a little too tense. He's such a dork."

She could imagine Ezra doing that. As soon as he started looking into medicine in his final years at high school, he became obsessed with it. He watched college lectures on the subject during different classes and dedicated himself into going to a good college for it. He was a good guy, it didn't surprise her that he wished to dedicate his life to helping others.

The glass doors that lead to the balcony of the hotel room slid open and Avni stepped inside. She was a vision. In her short wrap around dress as yellow as a marigold and her black hair swept up into a ponytail held with a yellow scarf.

"Who is it?" Avni asked quietly.

Sophie pressed the phone to her chest and muffled the speaker. "It's Colby." She lifted the phone back up.

"Hi, Colby!" Avni yelled into the phone.

"Hi, Avni!" Colby screamed over the phone.

"We've got to go now, Colby. I've booked us somewhere to eat." Said Avni.

"That's alright. I've got to go pick Ezra up from work now. Bye, guys. Have a fun time!"

"Bye, Colby." They said in unison.

Sophie stayed reclined on the bed, basking in the glow of Avni. The afternoon sun of Greece left sweet kisses on her dark skin, giving her a shimmering coat of gold. Avni crawled onto the bed and knelt beside Sophie, resting her head upon Sophie's shoulder.

"Have a nice talk with Colby?" She asked. Her breath tickled the side of Sophie' face.

"Yeah. I was just telling him about the whole flight disaster."

"Ugh, don't remind me of it. In my mind, that never happened."

Sophie ran her hand down Avni's back, enjoying the silky material of her dress, enjoying it even more when her hand ran down far enough that it was met with skin. She fondled what she could grab. The best thing about Avni's short dresses was the easy access it gave Sophie.

*