Chapter 27: Enlightenment

In honour of me posting this chapter only THREE DAYS after the previous one (who am I???) I'm doing three shout outs to:

@fbi_open_up- for having incomprehensible comments

@Zachwolf04 for having the horniest comments

@MyWordsMyStories for being a sweetie

Also the first chapter of my new book is ready and will have characters with brain cells for all of you that find Colby's himbo energy annoying at times. I promise I am capable of writing smart characters!

"It's not even that early so stop whining." Colby's mom scolded him for complaining again.

They had been driving in the car for about ten minutes now after Colby had told her he was going to a church on Sunday. His mom's car wasn't exactly clean. There were wrappers on the floor and random junk in random compartment. Every few years she would clean it if his dad nagged her enough.

"It's ludicrously early for a Sunday!" Colby argued back.

"You're the one who randomly wanted to go to church! I could be in bed too right now, so shut up before I turn us back around. Why are you going anyway?"

Colby stayed silent.

"Why aren't you answering?" His mom asked.

"You told me to shut up." Colby replied with a stereotypical teenage snark.

His mom slapped his thigh. "So rude to your own mother. When I was a teenager, I always respected my elders."

"That's not what dad said."

"Your dad was a nerd and I was the cool rebel sticking it to the man." She pumped her fist in the air.

"So, basically, you didn't respect your elders at all?"

"This conversation is over." Colby laughed at his mom's childishness, he definitely wasn't just like her. No, no, no, he was way more mature.

They eventually pulled up outside a rather traditional looking church. The building and the steeple were made of large stones painted white and the windows were all stained glass depicting most of the tragic events that happened in the bible: the crucifixion of Jesus, the death of Abel, the mourning of Mary. Not the most welcoming images to see.

Sophie was waiting outside in a pretty baby blue dress that reached down to her ankles. Her auburn hair was tied back with a similarly blue ribbon. She looked lovely and made Colby feel slightly underdressed. He'd just chucked on a pair of black trousers and a white button up shirt. However, Ezra had come round for dinner on Saturday and told him he looked very sexy in it, so he couldn't have looked too bad.

Thinking about Ezra made him feel a bit guilty. Ezra had been in pain the entire week, constantly rubbing his neck and popping his back. Colby had given him multiple massages throughout the week to try and ease his pain. Colby had asked him whether he was sleeping well and all that to which Ezra had insisted he just had a lumpy mattress; which seemed strange as Colby had been railed on that mattress and he remembered it being really soft.

Basically, Ezra wasn't having the best week physically, despite his improved mood. However, Colby felt like he'd ruined that mood as well by mentioning that he was going to Sophie's church on Sunday.

"Why are you going there? Is she forcing you? You don't have to go, there's nothing wrong with you!" Ezra suddenly blurted out. He held Colby's hands in a death grip.